Bon Voyage to the World Cruisers sailing today

Host Hattie

8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a great time round the world on Queen Mary 2 and round South America on Queen Victoria.

Hopefully the delay to QM2 won't dampen spirits too much.

I imagine for those raring to go, even an hour's delay is frustrating, but lots of days to enjoy after that.

Am I alone in thinking that anything more than a couple of weeks is enough, even on the QM2?

Perhaps my vision is being clouded by having xx amount of pets that need ++ care and attention.

Bon Voyage to all!

4 minutes ago, candle in the wind said:

I imagine for those raring to go, even an hour's delay is frustrating, but lots of days to enjoy after that.

Am I alone in thinking that anything more than a couple of weeks is enough, even on the QM2?

Perhaps my vision is being clouded by having xx amount of pets that need ++ care and attention.

Bon Voyage to all!

No, you're not alone I couldn't do a world cruise either.  The longest we have done is 16 days and that was enough for us.

QM2 is just leaving now at 0.28am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone know of WC blogs this year? I antecipate that both safarigal and Roscoe will be posting their wonderful texts once they join their vessels (QM2 and QV, respectively, if I am not mistaken), but are there other ones I am not aware?

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, Ray66 said:

No, you're not alone I couldn't do a world cruise either.  The longest we have done is 16 days and that was enough for us.

It was listed in advance by Southampton Port for a midnight sailing, so whatever was the reason for not leaving during the usual afternoon spot wasn’t a surprise.

On 1/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, simonpjd said:

Some friends are going all the way. Not happy. She is still in Southampton.

Why are they unhappy? Assuming they and their luggage are on board, the restaurants and bars are open, and they are off on a holiday of a lifetime. Why does it matter is she leaves a little late?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, IB2 said:

It was listed in advance by Southampton Port for a midnight sailing, so whatever was the reason for not leaving during the usual afternoon spot wasn’t a surprise.

Yes, I know. The ship was late due to more than one medical emergency. It had to call in at Halifax I think twice. And so was delayed quite a lot. Southampton VTS therefore had to change from 6pm departure to midnight.

I am sure they will make up the 7 hour delay over the next 3 months or so. 

Something I would love to do, and maybe will at some point in the not too distant future... Only thing is, I don't think I could do it in an inside cabin, so will have to save a little longer to get a balcony or something at least in an ocean-view category... 

I hope all onboard have a wonderful time 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2020 at 1:30 AM, Ray66 said:

While it is true that a world cruise and sailing through different time zones and climates and all the excusions can be very tiring, depending on the itinerary I would not hesitate to do one again. I can always sleep afterwards 😉.