Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host Hattie

Bon Voyage to the World Cruisers sailing today

Recommended Posts

Have a great time round the world on Queen Mary 2 and round South America on Queen Victoria.

Hopefully the delay to QM2 won't dampen spirits too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Voyage to all and for those on QM2 I look forward to joining you in Sydney.

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Voyage Everyone. Those on the World Cruise on QM2 please try to keep the ship in good order for when we board in Perth for our first cruise on her. Save some of that famous Pol Acker for me 😁.

 

Julie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some friends are going all the way. Not happy. She is still in Southampton.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bon Voyage to all! 🥂🚢🛳️

QM2 still in Southampton as I type at 00.17am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Host Hattie said:

Have a great time round the world on Queen Mary 2 and round South America on Queen Victoria.

Hopefully the delay to QM2 won't dampen spirits too much.

I imagine for those raring to go, even an hour's delay is frustrating, but lots of days to enjoy after that.

Am I alone in thinking that anything more than a couple of weeks is enough, even on the QM2?

Perhaps my vision is being clouded by having xx amount of pets that need ++ care and attention.

Bon Voyage to all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, candle in the wind said:

I imagine for those raring to go, even an hour's delay is frustrating, but lots of days to enjoy after that.

Am I alone in thinking that anything more than a couple of weeks is enough, even on the QM2?

Perhaps my vision is being clouded by having xx amount of pets that need ++ care and attention.

Bon Voyage to all!

No, you're not alone I couldn't do a world cruise either.  The longest we have done is 16 days and that was enough for us.

 

QM2 is just leaving now at 0.28am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know of WC blogs this year? I antecipate that both safarigal and Roscoe will be posting their wonderful texts once they join their vessels (QM2 and QV, respectively, if I am not mistaken), but are there other ones I am not aware?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 12:30 AM, Ray66 said:

No, you're not alone I couldn't do a world cruise either.  The longest we have done is 16 days and that was enough for us.

 

QM2 is just leaving now at 0.28am.

It was listed in advance by Southampton Port for a midnight sailing, so whatever was the reason for not leaving during the usual afternoon spot wasn’t a surprise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 10:25 PM, simonpjd said:

Some friends are going all the way. Not happy. She is still in Southampton.

 

Why are they unhappy? Assuming they and their luggage are on board, the restaurants and bars are open, and they are off on a holiday of a lifetime. Why does it matter is she leaves a little late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IB2 said:

It was listed in advance by Southampton Port for a midnight sailing, so whatever was the reason for not leaving during the usual afternoon spot wasn’t a surprise.

 

Yes, I know. The ship was late due to more than one medical emergency. It had to call in at Halifax I think twice. And so was delayed quite a lot. Southampton VTS therefore had to change from 6pm departure to midnight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am sure they will make up the 7 hour delay over the next 3 months or so. 

 

Something I would love to do, and maybe will at some point in the not too distant future... Only thing is, I don't think I could do it in an inside cabin, so will have to save a little longer to get a balcony or something at least in an ocean-view category... 

 

I hope all onboard have a wonderful time 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that I would wish it on anyone but I hope none of the people medevaced were continuing on to the World Cruise.

 

Roy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 1:30 AM, Ray66 said:

No, you're not alone I couldn't do a world cruise either.  The longest we have done is 16 days and that was enough for us.

 

QM2 is just leaving now at 0.28am.

While it is true that a world cruise and sailing through different time zones and climates and all the excusions can be very tiring, depending on the itinerary I would not hesitate to do one again. I can always sleep afterwards 😉.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...