Cruise Critic Community
nklpikl

Cave Tubing with young children

We are taking a family trip. The youngest Grandchild will be 5. Would they enjoy cave tubing? Any other suggestions?

If they like the water,  probably.  Basically lazy river float. Sometimes guides pull the tubes. But check with vendors for any height or age restrictions. 

My 6 year old loved it. However, he did have some trouble carrying his tube up the trail and Daddy had to do it. 

Some cave tubing tour providers such as cavetubing.bz do not make you carry your tube all the way up the trail.

My daughter did it when she was 3 and 5 years old and loved it. We went with .bz and they carry the tubes and meet you at the entrance to the water. Awesome tour

On 1/15/2020 at 11:18 PM, mitsugirly said:

My daughter did it when she was 3 and 5 years old and loved it. We went with .bz and they carry the tubes and meet you at the entrance to the water. Awesome tour

How big was your daughter when 3?  My granddaughter is pretty small.

12 hours ago, mjk62 said:

How big was your daughter when 3?  My granddaughter is pretty small.

Just your average sized 3 year old at the time. My grandson is the same age, but 3 months younger, and he has always been taller than her. So, maybe she was smaller than your average 3 year old.

IMG_5558-M.jpg

IMG_5570-M.jpg

Then again when she was 5

P5130283-M.jpg

Edited by mitsugirly

We are also interested in this tour.  

How long is the ride from port to the tubing?  Is it an entire day spent on this excursion?

On 3/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, hummer88 said:

We are also interested in this tour.  

How long is the ride from port to the tubing?  Is it an entire day spent on this excursion?

It's about an hour drive each way. I know this sounds like a long time but they make it so interesting along the way that before you know it, you're there. Sometimes they stop along the way to try fresh fruit off the trees. It's pretty much an entire day type of excursion. We loved it both times.

We did this, my son was 8 I think? He didn't really enjoy it, found it "boring". It was a long day for us, we were on the same bus as the people also doing the ziplining and 4x4 rides, so our cave tubing ride took the same amount of time as their excursions with their extra activities. The walk through the jungle was ok, we didn't have to carry the tubes so that was good. I think it would depend on the child, my son is very active and just wants to be doing things, he found floating down the river wasn't very exciting, even in the dark caves, he would have rather been swimming or walking with the guides.