Princess Booked Shuttle From San Pedro Dock to LAX

Bwana Tom

Usually we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, but this time we are shipping out of San Pedro. On the Fort Lauderdale cruises Princess provides the ability to book a shuttle service on board to get you back to the airport after your cruise. Does Princess have a similar service from the San Pedro dock to the LAX airport and if so does anyone know the cost? 

Thanks,

Tom

6 minutes ago, Bwana Tom said:

Usually we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, but this time we are shipping out of San Pedro. On the Fort Lauderdale cruises Princess provides the ability to book a shuttle service on board to get you back to the airport after your cruise. Does Princess have a similar service from the San Pedro dock to the LAX airport and if so does anyone know the cost? 

Thanks,

Tom

Yes Princess has transfer service in both directions from LAX to San Pedro and visa versa.

Book it through your TA or Princess if you booked direct. You cannot do this online unless you book direct through Princess and it is offered as an add as you proceed through the booking process only.

I am thinking $24 PP one way???

Taxi approx. $60 each way.

Uber/Lyft approx. $35

Some shuttle services $18pp (Prime Time)

Just a FYI.  I returned yesterday and used a Princess transfer for $34.  I was standing at the Southwest counter at 9am.  Doesn't always work that way but in this case I had a 4 1/2 hour wait for my flight.  I didn't self disembark either.

I used it last week and well worth it.  Particularly for me as I am mobility challenged and needed wheel chair assistance which was outstanding.  As soon as the bus fills up, they leave and it doesn't take long for the bus to fill.  They dropped us off right at the American Airlines entrance.  They had a specific lounge for us to wait in for those that bought the transfers.  Porters were available when we claimed our luggage and took it out to the bus.  The whole process was smooth as silk.

We bought the transfer both ways for Royal Princess. Our cost was $44 per person each way CDN.  (Jan 11-18) and it worked perfectly.  We had actually arrived in LA several days earlier and returned to LAX to board the bus at 10 am, however, that bus was completely full so we were put on the next bus and were on the ship at 11:15 am.    Our luggage was put on a separate vehicle and was in our cabin by I believe 2 pm.  On the return, we were on one of the last transfers to LAX as our flight was late afternoon.  Worked very well.  No rush off the ship at all.  Once at LAX, made our way to the Maple Leaf Lounge (complimentary for us and spent the time relaxing and enjoying the food and beverage.  Transfers both ways worked great and would do it again.