FunCruiser78

Virtual

Come Il Mare (afternoon Opera)

Born to Rock

Paz

Way

Meraviglioso Amor

One Day More

It's an amazing amount of production shows.  6 out of 7 nights, and 3 shows a night.  

I've said this before, these are the hardest working singers/dancers at sea, and the cast is huge.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eroller said:

Virtual

Born to Rock

Paz

Way

Meraviglioso Amor

One Day More

It's an amazing amount of production shows.  6 out of 7 nights, and 3 shows a night.  

I've said this before, these are the hardest working singers/dancers at sea, and the cast is huge.  

We just disembarked the Meraviglia on Sunday and I agree 100% with you comments with the added comment that the first show which was so incomprehensible that my DH didn't want to see any of the others.  We did miss the the opera (but heard it was very good).  The others were incredible - both the singers, the dancers, and the live band supporting many of the productions (the guitarist in Born to Rock was amazing). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eroller said:

Virtual

Born to Rock

Paz

Way

Meraviglioso Amor

One Day More

Thanks Ernie.

Are those in order?  Confused by second item; is that a type of opera or time?  Trying to figure cirque night and not opera fans.

30 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Thanks Ernie.

Are those in order?  Confused by second item; is that a type of opera or time?  Trying to figure cirque night and not opera fans.

We had early YC dinner (6:00pm) , went to main Broadway Theatre for 8:45pm show and went to Carousel Lounge for 10:00pm Cirque Du Soleil show. We watched 2 shows on 2 nights, didn’t miss any of the shows. The opera show was in the afternoon on our Baltic Sea cruise on Meraviglia (Sep. 2019).

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

Thanks Ernie.

Yes they are in order.  The opera is during the afternoon on a sea day.  

I have all the daily programs from a standard Western Caribbean itinerary if you want more information.  

https://www.flickr.com/photos/eroller/albums/72157712405683928

Edited by eroller
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

.... that the first show which was so incomprehensible that my DH didn't want to see any of the others.

This summed it up for DH and me.  We saw 2 shows and did not want to see anymore after that.  The sound system was loud to the point of distorting what the person was singing or saying.

Huge Frank Sinatra fan here and did not enjoy the "Way" show.  

33 minutes ago, lifeasme123 said:

This summed it up for DH and me.  We saw 2 shows and did not want to see anymore after that.  The sound system was loud to the point of distorting what the person was singing or saying.

Huge Frank Sinatra fan here and did not enjoy the "Way" show.  

Agreed, on all your points, the shows were bad (except for Born to Rock, which did; pun intended) and I would say forgettable, but they were too terrible to be able to forget. The magic show (I do not remember the name from the list provided above) was especially terrible. The magician had no rapport with the audience at all and all his tricks were very old. He barely got polite applause at the end. Watching this show reminded me of the quote from the old TV show "Married with Children" when the lead character said frequently: "Someone please shoot me".

The four lead singers varied in capability, but when they all sang together their mix just did not work. 

For comparison, we were on the Seaside one year earlier and all the shows were great and the four lead singers were superb. What a let down this year. 

10 minutes ago, sptrout said:

Agreed, on all your points, the shows were bad (except for Born to Rock, which did; pun intended) and I would say forgettable, but they were too terrible to be able to forget. The magic show (I do not remember the name from the list provided above) was especially terrible. The magician had no rapport with the audience at all and all his tricks were very old. He barely got polite applause at the end. Watching this show reminded me of the quote from the old TV show "Married with Children" when the lead character said frequently: "Someone please shoot me".

The four lead singers varied in capability, but when they all sang together their mix just did not work. 

For comparison, we were on the Seaside one year earlier and all the shows were great and the four lead singers were superb. What a let down this year. 

The magic show....even our 9 year old daughter figured his tricks.  It was terrible.  And agree, he had no rapport with the audience!

To each their own.  I very much enjoyed the shows and thought they were quite good.  Same with Seaside last year and DIVINA prior to that.  No I didn’t see the magician.  I don’t do jugglers, magicians, or comedians on any cruise ship.  They usually suck.  I sail most every cruise line and watch the production shows on all of them.  MSC’s rank high in my book.  I only rate Disney and some Royal Caribbean shows better.  Carnival is the worst with their Playlist Productions.  Amateur and really pitiful.  

I wasn’t the only one that enjoyed the production shows.  They all played to a full house and most received standing ovations.  

But like everything else, ask 10 people and get 10 different responses.  

14 minutes ago, eroller said:

To each their own.  I very much enjoyed the shows and thought they were quite good.  Same with Seaside last year and DIVINA prior to that.  No I didn’t see the magician.  I don’t do jugglers, magicians, or comedians on any cruise ship.  They usually suck.  I sail most every cruise line and watch the production shows on all of them.  MSC’s rank high in my book.  I only rate Disney and some Royal Caribbean shows better.  Carnival is the worst with their Playlist Productions.  Amateur and really pitiful.  

I wasn’t the only one that enjoyed the production shows.  They all played to a full house and most received standing ovations.  

But like everything else, ask 10 people and get 10 different responses.  

My comments were specific to the Meravigilia ship and sail date, not MSC.  I liked the shows that were on Seaside, Divina, Musica and Armonia.  In fact, I liked the shows that were on the Meravigiia when I sailed on her in June 2017.  

And yes, to each their own.