Do I get my Diamond Benefits on a themed cruise

chrismch

3 minutes ago, chrismch said:

I'm looking into booking a music cruise where I believe they fully book the cruise. Will I still get my normal Diamond benefits?

Totally up to the charter operator, contact them.

All you can be sure of is that you will get C&A points for the cruise,

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Does that mean the DL and happy hour could be a non event. 

Correct, the charter operator would have to foot the costs for any onboard C&A perks.

It's Premier Cruises, and I've sent them an email. But if they are required to pick up the fees, I'd doubt they'd do that. Guess the only thing, I'll get is the points towards d+

Edited by chrismch

We booked a Wine, Dine & Music cruise a few years ago and received our Diamond benefits. The DL was so nice because there were few Diamonds. We did check with the organizers to see if we would get the benefits. We would have booked anyway. It was a great cruise.

For the last ten plus years, we've booked 1 or 2 music-themed cruises annually and have had all the C&A perks, points and access to the lounges.  The lounges were not crowded and the Concierges were glad we stopped in!  The Loyalty Ambassador isn't on "official duty" in the usual role as we know, but if there's a need or question, Guest Services can contact them or set up an appt to meet with the LA.

Enjoy your cruise!

56 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

For the last ten plus years, we've booked 1 or 2 music-themed cruises annually and have had all the C&A perks...

May I ask which music themed cruises? That's what I'm looking into booking.

2 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Aren't they on Celebrity and not RCI?

The music and jazz cuises I've done and currently booked on were/are on RC ships.  There was one on Celebrity a few years ago, although I wasn't onboard,  but friends said they received loyalty perks.

As previously suggested, you should contact the chartered cruise organizer and/or booking agent to inquire if you'll receive any or which loyalty perks.  Perhaps the cruiseline could also tell you if the perks are part of the contract.

I book the music charters for the entertainment enjoyment, the adult atmosphere (few kids, if any) and am happy to earn the points.  The loyalty perks are a plus, but not a decision maker for me.

We have been on the High Seas Rally (Bikers) Cruise. As Bob has stated, up to the group that charters the ship. On our HSR Brilliance, it was posted that the Diamond and Concierge Club would be utilized by Charter Staff after the cruise was sold out. I suppose many complained and it was decided that the Lounges would be open to D, D+, P, and Suite Guest. However, no free Diamond Drinks in the DL/CL. They still served drinks to those that had the Drink Package. Without the package, no drinks free or otherwise. 

We've been thinking about doing a music cruise on X but my understanding is that loyalty perks aren't included.  That's interesting in that you are paying the cruise line a premium for the cruise and the promoter a premium for the extra music/entertainment. I'm not sure why the perks wouldn't be included.  What would one have to do with the other?

Edited by mac66

23 minutes ago, mac66 said:

We've been thinking about doing a music cruise on X but my understanding is that loyalty perks aren't included.  That's interesting in that you are paying the cruise line a premium for the cruise and the promoter a premium for the extra music/entertainment. I'm not sure why the perks wouldn't be included.  What would one have to do with the other?

Because the perks cost money and all the expenses are to be paid by the charter group.

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Because the perks cost money and all the expenses are to be paid by the charter group.

Except you're already paying for the perks with your cruise. They don't discount the cruise fare, you pay a premium for the cruise.  Then you pay extra for the entertainment.

4 minutes ago, mac66 said:

Except you're already paying for the perks with your cruise. They don't discount the cruise fare, you pay a premium for the cruise.  Then you pay extra for the entertainment.

It's all part of the charter contract between Royal and the charter company.  The charter company agreed to the terms, so you need to ask the charter company why they won't pay for the perks. 

Just now, Host Clarea said:

It's all part of the charter contract between Royal and the charter company.  The charter company agreed to the terms, so you to ask the charter company why they won't pay for the perks. 

I get that. It is more of a rhetorical question. I don't expect an answer from someone here.

1 minute ago, mac66 said:

I get that. It is more of a rhetorical question. I don't expect an answer from someone here.

By the way, the charter company pays a fixed fee for the ship and sets individual pricing themselves.  Seven nights on an Oasis class ship is listed at $6.5 million to $11 million, depending on factors like time of year.

Charter contracts can control almost everything except ship safety and command functions.  For example, the Rock Legends Cruise charters don’t allow C&A perks, just the points.  They also don’t allow drink package sales other than the soda package.  They don’t allow the 2 bottles of wine on embarking.  Many other things.  On one RLC cruise a couple years ago the LA even took the 4 days off.  Cruise cards didn’t have the member level either.