Classic Drink Package: Cafe Al Bacio and Soda Included?

DTL321

It's been a couple years since we have cruised with Celebrity. A few years ago we had the classic drink package and enjoyed many coffees from Cafe Al Bacio. Of course on a hot day enjoyed sodas and water...

However, I just looked at the below link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

The premium mentions sodas and premium coffees but the classic doesn't mention it... Is this a recent change? Or am I reading this wrong and sodas and premium coffees are still included? 

Sorry if this has been discussed before but want to ensure I have the right info!

7 minutes ago, DTL321 said:

It's been a couple years since we have cruised with Celebrity. A few years ago we had the classic drink package and enjoyed many coffees from Cafe Al Bacio. Of course on a hot day enjoyed sodas and water...

However, I just looked at the below link:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/premium-classic-and-standard

The premium mentions sodas and premium coffees but the classic doesn't mention it... Is this a recent change? Or am I reading this wrong and sodas and premium coffees are still included? 

Sorry if this has been discussed before but want to ensure I have the right info!

Soda and specialty coffees and teas at Cafe al Bacio  (as well as all over the ship) are all available in the Classic package. The only place you can't use your package is room service and the mini bar in your cabin. Martinis at the Martini bar you will be charged the difference + 20% and nothing is available at the World Class Bar that is within the Classic limits.

• Like 1

I just want to be sure this is not a recent change. In years prior it clearly said sodas and premium coffee was included. 

One of the reasons we haven't done Celebrity in a while. Lots of changes.

Went into the cruise planner... In the description still no mention of premium coffees and soda... But if you look at the picture you clearly see a coffee from Cafe Al Bacio... So this will be my proof! Lol622463682_Screenshot_20200112-2243342.thumb.png.0b144673e8f516d8ae5b535bb01e70f7.png

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DTL321 said:

Went into the cruise planner... In the description still no mention of premium coffees and soda... But if you look at the picture you clearly see a coffee from Cafe Al Bacio... So this will be my proof! Lol

Don't worry, you won't need proof. We've cruised many times over the last 15 years with the Classic Package and frequented Cafe al Bacio, ordered alcoholic drinks and frozen alcoholic drinks, sodas, non-premium bottled water, beer and wine and never had even so much as an up charge. We also order cappuccinos and other specialty coffees in the restaurants as well without issue. I especially enjoy my iced lattes in the afternoons at Cafe al Bacio, they are my daily pick-me-up treat. Relax and enjoy!

• Like 1

I had the same reaction since I've been researching. We haven't cruised with Celebrity since 2018 but it seems like there have been some changes. I also questioned sodas and coffee on the beverage packages and there was some language on the website about uncharges on certain perks (though I didn't notice any when doing mock bookings). Also, the 3rd/4th passengers no longer receive a non-alcoholic beverage package when 1st/2nd passengers book with a beverage package perk. 

• 2 years later...