Luggage scales

anniedave

5 hours ago, justcrusn said:

I’m just curious why your luggage would weigh a different amount on the way home?
We usually purchase a few souvenirs, some t-shirts or coffee mugs, my wife a purse or something, but if our bag weighed 40 pounds on the trip there, it shouldn’t be more than a pound or two more on the way home. Are we not shopping enough lol?

Not necessarily that the weight changes but I would presume that we all pack different going home than when leave home.   The distribution could easily have one bag over the limit if you were close to your limits joining the cruise.

Another example that could cause an overweight is the cookbook you are given if you dine at one of the Chef's Tables.   Each weighs about 10 pounds.  

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

If you come from the U.K. to the US for a cruise your case will definitely weigh more on return!

On hot or wet Florida days there are the malls...I do like Macy’s. Then there are the trainers...much cheaper than the U.K. Not to forget the freebie shower gels and shampoos from your pre and post cruise hotels...you know they will be useful one day.

Then there is the wine, we always buy a couple of nice bottles of Californian at a good price that we can’t even get in the U.K. and it would simply not make sense not to bring back some Southern Comfort...

Last Caribbean cruise we also had freebie dressing gowns to fit in and all the items we bought the last afternoon with our remaining OBC...

Cruising from Southampton this year...no need for scales but less bargains I would think!

Your Posh Frock must have added weight on the return flight home!

7 hours ago, justcrusn said:

I’m just curious why your luggage would weigh a different amount on the way home?
We usually purchase a few souvenirs, some t-shirts or coffee mugs, my wife a purse or something, but if our bag weighed 40 pounds on the trip there, it shouldn’t be more than a pound or two more on the way home. Are we not shopping enough lol?

DH and I cross pack our bags in case one gets lost, we each still have clothing. Sometimes it's hard to remember what went into each bag when packing to return home, so without a scale one may be over and one under. It's a pain to have to start shifting once we get to the airport. It's another reason we love using Luggage Valet whenever it's available.

7 hours ago, justcrusn said:

I guess you are not shopping enough!

One time at FLL one of our bags weighed in at 51lbs and the other 47.  After dw moved some things around tried again and both bags weighed over

50 lbs ???????  DW switched some things and tried again.  No luck.  Without changing anything she tried a different check-in counter and both were under 50.  Apparently all scales are not created equal.