1st timer researching Summit

luckyinpa

8 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i wasnt aware that was an inside pool. just thought was covered. though isnt adult only a redundancy on a summit cruise? how many kids really do go on them?  

would you say on hot sea days more are at the topside pool vs in the indoor hot tub? i am not a fan of any pool crowd no matter what the vessel. period. 

The Bermuda cruises are full of families with lots of kids. It’s very popular for family vacations and large family groups. Not as many as on RCCL, but still more than you would expect. Not a problem for me at all but if you are expecting to have a child free cruise you will be disappointed. 

9 hours ago, lorimay said:

The Bermuda cruises are full of families with lots of kids. It’s very popular for family vacations and large family groups. Not as many as on RCCL, but still more than you would expect. Not a problem for me at all but if you are expecting to have a child free cruise you will be disappointed. 

i was christmas on ncl bliss so if i made it thru there, i think every other cruise is 'no kids' by comparison 🙂 barely noticed them.

and by definition they cannot be next to me on a cramped aisle of 2 tops since there are more than 2 in a family

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i was christmas on ncl bliss so if i made it thru there, i think every other cruise is 'no kids' by comparison 🙂 barely noticed them.

and by definition they cannot be next to me on a cramped aisle of 2 tops since there are more than 2 in a family

On the Summit last summer, we were at a two-top in Select dining every night and there was a family group of six at the next table with two small kids. The kids were delightful and never an issue, but they do have larger tables mixed in with the two-tops. Not an issue to get moved, if you want to but never say never with kids next to you at dinner!

36 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

but no kids kicking me ever in the solarium pool . correct?

We had very few kids on our May cruise, but they did allow family time in the Solarium almost every sea day, usually from 4-6 in the afternoon. Annoying but not the end of the world, since there were so few kids in general on the cruise. We very specifically chose dates in mid-May though, so that there would be as few children as possible. Once schools are out, I am sure those Bermuda runs are inundated with children.

new found info that i was looking at the wrong deck plans and there are cabins above deck 9, meaning i can stay in one of them on 9 so as  long as my gf doesnt mind the overhang/poles id probably book there. id rather be 1 flight from solarium and food etc 

there were more than 200 on my bliss cruise at christmas and gotta admit. 92.5% of them werent a bother. but the 3 boys in haven helped tip those scales. 

so i can handle any amount of kids X tosses at me. heck id kinda be glad for some of the younger crowd. on a princess october cruise i think i saw 5 kids the entire trip.