Traveling after January

emam

4 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Just as we thought.  No change until we have a trade deal.

If we get a trade deal given the extremely short and possibly unrealistic deadline.

I don’t see any issues on January 31 but December 31 - who knows.

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

If we get a trade deal given the extremely short and possibly unrealistic deadline.

I don’t see any issues on January 31 but December 31 - who knows.

As you say, 31 January will present no problems.

31 December is an entirely different matter, though, and if there’s no deal in place with the EU inside what looks like an almost impossibly short deadline, there could be quite a few problems, notably the risk of long queues at EU ports because we’ll no longer be EU citizens.

The reciprocal health arrangements which are currently so sensible and useful may have gone as well.

It's not in either side's interest to mess around with tourists.  So I can't see any problems.  You will only have to use your passport in the first port, then you are in the EU.

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 1

Well, we've already booked for August 2021 - a land based holiday in Italy - and are not worrying about it.

Loads of people manage to holiday in places that are not in the EU so I am sure that something will be sorted. The worst that can happen is that we have to queue up a bit longer (and having flown from Rome airport a number of times as part of the EU I don't think that it will be much different!)

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, Harry Peterson said:

As you say, 31 January will present no problems.

31 December is an entirely different matter, though, and if there’s no deal in place with the EU inside what looks like an almost impossibly short deadline, there could be quite a few problems, notably the risk of long queues at EU ports because we’ll no longer be EU citizens.

The reciprocal health arrangements which are currently so sensible and useful may have gone as well.

there will be no problem at all.  I live in Jersey so do not have a UK passport,  the most that will happen is that they will LOOK at yo7r passport.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:26 PM, Harry Peterson said:

As we are outside the Schengen area we currently are supposed to show our passports when entering the area. This rarely happens. The Schengen area includes some countries that are outside the EU (eg Norway) It is likely the same arrangement will continue once we leave the EU as the Schengen border does not change.

Brian