Booking on board for people not on board. Any benefits?

cachouonacruise

My wife and I are planning to book a cruise for 2021, during our upcoming cruise in March 2020 on board Millenium. 

My sister and brother in-law would like to join us for the 2021 cruise; however they will not be on board with us in March 2020.

If we book while on-board for the 4 of us, will it be possible for my in-laws to benefit from the reduced deposit or other perks granted when booking while on board? 

I don’t remember this question being raised on these boards, therefore, I really appreciate any experiences you can share.

2 minutes ago, cachouonacruise said:

My wife and I are planning to book a cruise for 2021, during our upcoming cruise in March 2020 on board Millenium. 

My sister and brother in-law would like to join us for the 2021 cruise; however they will not be on board with us in March 2020.

If we book while on-board for the 4 of us, will it be possible for my in-laws to benefit from the reduced deposit or other perks granted when booking while on board? 

I don’t remember this question being raised on these boards, therefore, I really appreciate any experiences you can share.

Yes, they get the same deal you do.  Reduced deposit , perks and onboard credit.  We did this couple years ago for two other couples going with us next time.

5 minutes ago, Perky1 said:

Yes, they get the same deal you do.  Reduced deposit , perks and onboard credit.  We did this couple years ago for two other couples going with us next time.

Wow! Thank-you very much Perky1 for the quick reply! It will really help me plan for the future cruise! 

15 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

They do get the same perks and reduced deposit as you, BUT if for some reason you cancel their reservation will also be cancelled, so if you decide not to go and they still want to they will have to rebook.....just an fyi 

Thank-you very much Purplsmurf. Very interesting piece of information to be aware of and to provide to our co-travellers.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Hmmm- as I post, friends of ours are boarding the Equinox and will be booking a 2021 cruise onboard for us and them. We will be in separate cabins so won't we each have our own reservation #s? That shouldn't result in @Purplsmurf's scenario, shoud it?

We booked two cabins as well and were told my Celebrity Future Cruises that if we cancelled the other would be as well. They must have the reservations joined somehow.

17 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

They do get the same perks and reduced deposit as you, BUT if for some reason you cancel their reservation will also be cancelled, so if you decide not to go and they still want to they will have to rebook.....just an fyi 

Our friends did not get cancelled but since we were the lead they would lose the On-board Booking Credit.   At least that’s what we were told.

Edited by If only

Booked!

My girlfriend just called from the Equinox. She saw that Future Cruises was empty so decided the time was right to make our reservations for the Millennium Pacific Coastal next year. I had emailed her our Cap't Club #s, and our cabin selections- ranked from the 2C Sweet Sixteens, to CC2s to OV Deck 7 at the bow. We lucked into adjacent Sweet Sixteens portside! Non-refundable $200 deposit per cabin, 4 perks + $200 OBC for onboard booking bonus.

I asked her to clarify with the consultant about both reservations being cancelled if one couple bailed and she was told that our reservations are separate and one cancellation would not impact the other reservation.

Had we booked refundable rates, the cost per cabin would have been higher and there'd have been just 3 perks!

9 minutes ago, Not a username2 said:

sub-question: Is it a refundable deposit when booking onboard? I'm considering a 2022 cruise but not 100% certain and would like that flexibility

When have booked onboard in the past there has been the option of refundable and non-refundable fares.

1 hour ago, Not a username2 said:

what's usually the price differential?

I haven’t checked lately, but generally there is a few hundred dollars difference between refundable and non refundable fares. You would have to check for your specific sailing to know exactly how much.

1 hour ago, CruiserMickey said:

I haven’t checked lately, but generally there is a few hundred dollars difference between refundable and non refundable fares. You would have to check for your specific sailing to know exactly how much.

Yes, do your homework before you go to make an onboard booking. You have free internet access to the Celebrity website when you are on a Celebrity ship, so you can check options before visiting the Future Cruise Consultant.

19 hours ago, Not a username2 said:

what's usually the price differential?

I don’t worry about the price difference.  I book onboard to get the 2 perks and onboard credit.  Then I refare from that every time I see a price drop....don’t lose the two perks or the onboard credit... they have a best price guarantee.  We booked onboard in Apr’18 for our cruise this April.  I have gotten price drops 3 times and gained a third perk.