Transfer reservation to someone else pre final payment?

erdoran

I’ve got two upcoming cruises booked, both before final payment, and both of which the cost has gone up since I booked.  There’s a strong possibility we are going to need to cancel.  I know someone else who would like our reservations.  Is there a way to transfer them to her?  I was thinking:

1.  Remove hubby from reservation, add her as person 2

2.  I’m pax 1, so switch pax 1 from me to her

3.  I cancel, leaving it a single reservation for her, at which point she can do what she wants.

I’m betting no, I can do the hubby/new person switch I’m sure, but not sure I can make her #1?  But I think I have read about maximizing booze pkg and switching around pax 1 & 2, so wondering if the same approach can be used to preserve a good booking?  Tia

3 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@julig22

Is your friend going solo?  In that case, what would happen if you (as pax #1) were simply a no-show?

That would work but "erdoran" would lose her fare.   I think that the cost is the factor.

Solo cruisers usually pay double fare, so fare is the same with 1 or 2, unless there happens to be a solo discount available. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sauer-kraut said:

The way it was phrased by the OP, I took it to mean that they would eat the half fare and the friend gets the trip.

Huh?  Assuming friend is going solo, they pay to the OP what the OP is paying for the cruise, which is less that what they would have to pay if OP cancels and friend books their own cruise.

Since it is before final payment, there would be no reason for OP to lose any money - but if they can save their friend some money, then transfer the cruise at the lower price.

• Like 1