Just off Getaway-Haven

Debde

3 minutes ago, Debde said:

Only thing-port taxes are charged for the drinks until you are out of the MS river so keep that in mind. It takes a few hours to get out to sea.  Not much but they got me on that!! LOL🥴

That’s a great point! Those taxes usually come out to around $1.50 a drink. Not a whole lot but something to be aware of.

20 minutes ago, cksv said:

Yup, lunch is free on embarkation day for guests staying in The Haven. Everyone else is subject to the $15 per person cover charge. The specialty drinks (margaraitas, etc) are covered under your drink package.

AH, Alas we are not Haven guests! It sounds like the food is not worth the fee when we could get free food elsewhere!

Thanks for the reply!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Debde said:

Only thing-port taxes are charged for the drinks until you are out of the MS river so keep that in mind. It takes a few hours to get out to sea.  Not much but they got me on that!! LOL🥴

I guess I’m paying some taxes on some drinks then!  Haha

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, funredhead said:

OP- wondering about your stop in Roatan.... did you dock or tender?  Were there other ships in port with you at Coxen? TIA

I was on the 5 nighter so we did not stop in Roatan.

4 hours ago, funredhead said:

OP- wondering about your stop in Roatan.... did you dock or tender?  Were there other ships in port with you at Coxen? TIA

On another thread, someone who visited Roatan at the beginning of the month said they docked next to the RCL ship and did not tender.  

Where did you go for muster drill? Not a big deal for most but we had a bad experience on the Bliss while staying in the Haven. Our muster drill was in The Local and it was packed like sardines. I'm in a wheelchair and my 90 year old mom will be with us so I'm hoping for a place where we can comfortably sit down and have room to breathe.

Also, how was the traffic around the cruise terminal? I recall reading a few months ago there was a lot of construction in the area causing some back-ups getting to the terminal drop-off.

Thanks!

Our muster drill was in the theater. Special section for people in wheelchairs so you should be fine in the theater.

Traffic was fine in NOLA. We took a taxi from the airport and no issues what so ever. It was quite easy!

• Like 1