Different Muster Station Assignment for Spouse?

LMADAMS91

53 minutes ago, LMADAMS91 said:

He was clearly joking......we actually thought it was very funny (his response. )  He gave us the info we needed so we were fine. 

My first reply was actually going to be that my DH's response would have been, "That's okay, no need to change it" whereupon, I would have given him a solid punch in the arm. All in jest of course. I thought better of it since so many on here were taking your predicament so seriously. I guess my DH and I have the same sense of humor as the Assistant Cruise Director...and you as well!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hllwdcruiser said:

My first reply was actually going to be that my DH's response would have been, "That's okay, no need to change it" whereupon, I would have given him a solid punch in the arm. All in jest of course. I thought better of it since so many on here were taking your predicament so seriously. I guess my DH and I have the same sense of humor as the Assistant Cruise Director...and you as well!

He was taking a risk that we might have taken him seriously and been offended, but we thought it was great.  He was an Assistant Cruise Director on a previous cruise and we'd seen his sense of humor before and really enjoyed it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LMADAMS91 said:

He was taking a risk that we might have taken him seriously and been offended, but we thought it was great.  He was an Assistant Cruise Director on a previous cruise and we'd seen his sense of humor before and really enjoyed it. 

Well, I do take the drills seriously. A close friend was on a ship that listed. Her 2 grandkids were  On a different deck then she was When this happened. . What a nightmare. 

1 hour ago, LMADAMS91 said:

He was clearly joking......we actually thought it was very funny (his response. )  He gave us the info we needed so we were fine. 

I'm glad that it all worked out OK for you.  I do have to say that the humorous Assistant Cruise Director in charge of a life boat station should not have taken your situation lightly.  Being in charge of a station like that means he was responsible for your safety and welfare in an emergency.  Once he was notified of the discrepancy regarding your station assignments he should have taken the action needed to correct the situation, not joked about your problem and tell you to go fix it.  Just the mere fact that you never did go to Passenger Services to correct the problem is proof enough as to why this Muster Station Director shouldn't be trusted with responsibility for the lives of a few hundred souls in an emergency at sea.  I am now getting off my soap box.  :classic_dry: 

• Thanks 1

In defense of the Assistant Cruise Director...I don't think his joking with us about an obvious error meant that he wasn't taking the muster drill or our safety seriously.  It was our responsibility to have it changed and he directed us to where we should have had it done. I see his joking with us along the same lines as Princess using the Love Boat theme for the muster drills....trying to make it a little less annoying while still providing the needed information. 

Thanks again to all who've commented! 

• Like 1