Different Muster Station Assignment for Spouse?

LMADAMS91

Just curious.....has anyone been assigned a muster station different from the one your spouse/significant other/traveling companion sailing in the same stateroom is assigned? We're currently on Sky and my husband and I are in different muster stations. Not concerned but wondering if it's happened to other cruisers.

Edited by LMADAMS91

8 minutes ago, LMADAMS91 said:

Just curious.....has anyone been assigned a muster station different from the one your spouse/significant other/traveling companion sailing in the same stateroom is assigned? We're currently on Sky and my husband and I are in different muster stations. Not concerned but wondering if it's happened to other cruisers.

I would be concerned.  Do you want to be separated from your husband during an emergency?  I would go to Passenger Services right away to get this fixed.  Somebody screwed up somewhere.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wineglass said:

Something is wrong. Muster stations are assigned as to cabin location. If your spouse is in the same cabin, it should be the same. Talk to customer service

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Why not go to the passenger services desk?

Sounds like something is messed up and it needs to be corrected. 🤔

Definitely bizarre. I have to wonder how this is even possible. Definitely visit passenger services as soon as possible.

truly odd, the muster station for the room is printed onthe door and on your life jackets.  you should be the same muster station.  this sounds like a misprint on your card abd passenger services likely needs to fix this before muster

• Like 3

23 hours ago, LMADAMS91 said:

Your muster station is along with your stats room not you Your muster station is on the state room door. You both go to that one.

3 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Your muster station is along with your stats room not you Your muster station is on the state room door. You both go to that one.

Except if you are in the new cabins on Sky Princess.  Door/steward said station A.  Muster folks in A (theater) sent us to midship C because we were in the wrong muster station.  When we reported this, Passenger Services couldn't figure out why they wouldn't let us into A.

Didn't the Sky sail on Saturday? OP posted yesterday saying she was currently on the ship so she must have already gone to Muster on embarkation day. 

She certainly should have had this rectified by Passenger Services on day 1 but she only has one more full day at sea before returning to PE.

Edited by hllwdcruiser

On 1/22/2020 at 3:11 PM, wineglass said:

Something is wrong. Muster stations are assigned as to cabin location. If your spouse is in the same cabin, it should be the same. Talk to customer service

The above is correct. Stations are assigned by cabin location.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:55 PM, LMADAMS91 said:

No, has never happened to me. 

However, we are wondering if you got it straightened out onboard?

If not and if there is a real emergency drill wouldn't you want to be with your husband?

Sorry for the delay in responding.

The information on the door of our stateroom had us in Muster Station E (I think...) When we went to the drill at the assigned spot for E I was walking ahead of my husband and scanned my medallion first. They told me I was in the wrong spot and sent us to G. My husband didn't scan his medallion but just walked with me to G. I scanned my medallion and was listed in G. My husband scanned his and was told he was in E. We questioned the person with the scanner and she had us hang out in E at his muster station and talk to the Assistant Cruise Director running that station after the drill. 

After the drill, we did talk to him.  He told us, completely straight faced, that it was for our own benefit. That we could change it at guest services if we wanted to but we might want to wait  a little.....you never know how we'd feel later in the cruise. My husband and I were both laughing at that point. He told us to go to guest services and have it changed if we wanted. 

We were busy and didn't get around to it the first day and didn't think about it until later in the week. By that time, half of the cruise was over and we opted to take the chance we wouldn't have to abandon ship the remainder of the week. 

Part of the problem may have been my medallion.  I had been sent the wrong color and had to have it changed when I was onboard, which I did before Muster.  I thought they only put a new sticker color on it but maybe it was a different medallion. 

Thanks for all the replies and should it happen again, which I don't anticipate, I'll get it fixed. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, dog said:

More training needed for that crew member!  Thanks for letting us know. We need to speak up and take care of ourselves. 

He was clearly joking......we actually thought it was very funny (his response. )  He gave us the info we needed so we were fine. 

• Like 1