Embarkation day food on Breakaway

lwynard

We enjoy heading to the MDR for a nice, quiet embarkation day lunch.  Most people head to the buffet or poolside grill.  It's crazy busy so we like to get out of the crowd and let someone wait on us in the MDR.  Lets us know that vacation has begun.  There are several MDRs and I can't remember which one is open on embarkation day.  Someone else may chime in on that.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

The MDR, Savor or Taste for lunch to avoid the crowd of people. It is time to enjoy your vacation. Do not go to the buffet where they want to direct everyone to go there. It is also hard to find a seat and with all that luggage - it is not a good place to be at. Go to the MDR to be serve.

1 hour ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We enjoy heading to the MDR for a nice, quiet embarkation day lunch.  Most people head to the buffet or poolside grill.  It's crazy busy so we like to get out of the crowd and let someone wait on us in the MDR.  Lets us know that vacation has begun.  There are several MDRs and I can't remember which one is open on embarkation day.  Someone else may chime in on that.

i did this on my last cruise and had dinner in O'Sheehans. Good service and food at both.

2 hours ago, lwynard said:

What are the best places to eat on embarkation day on the Norwegian Breakaway??

Best place is one of the Main Dining Rooms (Taste or Savor). 

Alternates are O’Sheehans, the Garden Cafe Buffet or Margaritaville (extra charge). 

We normally go to the buffet for a quick bite, but we board early before it gets too crowded. 

• Thanks 1

Just got off the breakaway today.  I went to taste on embarkation day and was able to get a table immediately (around 12:30).  I'm sure it was a madhouse at the buffet.  I don't think many people know that the MDRs are open for lunch.