EZ Air book online versus calling

lpmpsail

New to Princess here - I usually book my own air online but have found in the past that with some cruise lines, it's sometimes better to call and actually talk to a person.  But I prefer to be able to see my options online so talking to someone can get confusing and they tend to direct you to what's easiest for them to book.

What are experiences out there with booking online with EZ Air?  Any problems?  Thanks!

On line in the cruise personlizer for sure. EZ Air is very easy on line. You can search many different airlines, flights, days, times and airports. If you select flexible air you can monitor and change your flights without penalty up until 45 days before the flight or cruise. You can also select RT or one way on the same or different airlines.

On line in the cruise personlizer for sure. EZ Air is very easy on line. You can search many different airlines, flights, days, times and airports. If you select flexible air you can monitor and change your flights without penalty up until 45 days before the flight or cruise. You can also select RT or one way on the same or different airlines.
Is it flexible enough to allow you to book a one-way outbound flight, and someone later book a one-way inbound flight?

42 minutes ago, hapster85 said:
58 minutes ago, skynight said:

Is it flexible enough to allow you to book a one-way outbound flight, and someone later book a one-way inbound flight?

EZAir has a wide window of dates and also airports.  If that is what your questions means.  Example:  I booked an outward flight 9 days before my cruise to London..my cruise left from Southampton as a two week round trip Baltic.  After we returned, we took a train to Paris and stayed another week there.  EZAir allowed me to get a inward flight back home from Paris.  EZAir has changed through the years and it is the best now.  You can play around with what time, airport and carrier you want.  Usually the prices can not be beat and you can change the flight up until final payment of cruise and flight.  That particular cruise I changed the flight 5 times for lower fare.

EZAir has a wide window of dates and also airports.  If that is what your questions means. 

Sorry, my phone autocorrected "sometime" to "someone". What I trying to ask was, if I could login today and book an outbound one-way flight. Then next week, or whenever, log in again and book the inbound flight. Or would that need to be handled by phone? Hope that's clearer.

7 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Sorry, my phone autocorrected "sometime" to "someone". What I trying to ask was, if I could login today and book an outbound one-way flight. Then next week, or whenever, log in again and book the inbound flight. Or would that need to be handled by phone? Hope that's clearer.

Yes you can.  My current trip, I booked outgoing only at first to lock in the price.  A few weeks later, when we decided on a return date, I booked a round trip.  When I booked the round trip I did call my travel agent to make sure I was not double booking outgoing air.  Ended up with a better price in the end with a round trip.  On EZAir page is the spot for one way, or round trip.  Most people do not use person just computer..I have a computer mistake fear  .

Edited by BRANDEE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hapster85 said:

No unless you have a b2b you cannot have 2 separate air bookings. You can either have a one way or a R/T.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hapster85 said:

Yes. In the selection box select "Departure Only", "Return Only" or "Departure and Return." Your preference.

Each airline has their own rules regarding seat assignments, upgrades, luggage. Investigate the airline rules for the airline you are selecting. For example United accepts our credit card status and allows for free luggage and TSA pre-check. However, United will not allow upgrades until the flight is ticketed.

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes. In the selection box select "Departure Only", "Return Only" or "Departure and Return." Your preference.

Each airline has their own rules regarding seat assignments, upgrades, luggage. Investigate the airline rules for the airline you are selecting. For example United accepts our credit card status and allows for free luggage and TSA pre-check. However, United will not allow upgrades until the flight is ticketed.

Is it possible to book 2 separate flights on one cruise?

I have not been able to do that.

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Is it possible to book 2 separate flights on one cruise?

I have not been able to do that.

I think yes, but if it is a single cruise then I think you really want to book departure and return. I don't think the segments have to be the same airline, same airport, and dates can be well before or well after. Maybe I'm getting mixed up. Since we have been booking b2b's the last 6 to 7 years the first leg is departure only and the last is return only.

Sorry to cut in , first time user here with EzAir I have Flexable flight if I see a lower price , how do I get lower price do I rebook the flight or what and how do I do it , I don’t understand how to rebook to lower price flight , any help or tips will be appreciated, Thank You

Just now, skynight said:

I think yes, but if it is a single cruise then I think you really want to book departure and return. I don't think the segments have to be the same airline, same airport, and dates can be well before or well after. Maybe I'm getting mixed up. Since we have been booking b2b's the last 6 to 7 years the first leg is departure only and the last is return only.

Yeah it has to be done that way on a b2b but I don’t think you can do 2 separate bookings on a single cruise.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, justhavingfun said:

Sorry to cut in , first time user here with EzAir I have Flexable flight if I see a lower price , how do I get lower price do I rebook the flight or what and how do I do it , I don’t understand how to rebook to lower price flight , any help or tips will be appreciated, Thank You

You have to hit the modify flights button and search for the flight/price you want. It will display the old and new prices. Pick the new and it will book it and cancel the old. If not just back out. It works really well.

Just don’t hit cancel flights!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

Skynight and Colo Cruiser..

.If you are booking a  b2b..have the sales department unlink your cruises and you will be able to book a roundtrip.  I just had to do this for a b2b New Zealand/Fuji cruises out of Sydney.  The computer sees Sydney as my home port and would not allow me to book a roundtrip.  The roundtrip ticket was half the price of booking two separate tickets. Even after paying balance, I can not relink but a notation that I am in the same room for the next cruise is on my reservation.

I used it a few days ago for the first time. I had a few questions and called Princess.

The person at Princess was very helpful and easily answered all of my questions.

The I proceeded to book online. We also did Flexible and can "modify". 

14 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

You have to hit the modify flights button and search for the flight/price you want. It will display the old and new prices. Pick the new and it will book it and cancel the old. If not just back out. It works really well.

Just don’t hit cancel flights!

This is the process. I have found it easy with no risk of an error to select plan a cruise. Then select our cruise as if we want to book, and look at the flight quotes. You can look around this way without risk of hitting the wrong icon. If you see what you like then you can make the change for real as described by Colo Cruiser.

I have 2 separate cruises with separate booking # and linked together (told by Princess to link them) for August 7-14 & 14- 21, 2021 both on the Grand.

August 7 EzAir opens Sept 18

August 18 EzAir opens Sept 25

Princess says I have to book two one way tickets - 

Aug 7 departure on Sept 18

Aug 14 return on Sept 25

If my return day Aug 21 shows up on Sept 18, can I book a return booking?

I booked with an travel agent.

Edited by phabric

3 hours ago, skynight said:

This is the process. I have found it easy with no risk of an error to select plan a cruise. Then select our cruise as if we want to book, and look at the flight quotes. You can look around this way without risk of hitting the wrong icon. If you see what you like then you can make the change for real as described by Colo Cruiser.

Skynight..

Since you said you book a lot of b2b the past few years, don't forget to unlink the cruises to get the roundtrip ticket.  It took three phone calls to figure out why I could not get a roundtrip ticket from NY to SYD.  Finally, a rep from EZAir told me to call Princess sales rep to unlink.  My fare one way was $2200pp premium ecomomy.  Once I was able to do roundtrip, I am paying $4150 for two roundtrip tickets.  Seems not everyone knows this..not my travel agent or the first two EZAir agents.  Even the Sales rep, at first, did not understand until she did it. However, you can not relink even after final payment or you lose ticket..

1 minute ago, phabric said:

I have 2 separate cruises with separate booking # and linked together (told by Princess to link them) for August 7-14 & 14- 21, 2021 both on the Grand.

August 7 EzAir opens Sept 18

August 18 EzAir opens Sept 25

Princess says I have to book two one way tickets - 

Aug 7 departure on Sept 18

Aug 14 return on Sept 25

If my return day Aug 21 shows up on Sept 18, can I book a return booking?

Have your cruises unlinked by the sales department and you will be able to book a roundtrip.  I did this for my current cruise..I just posted about this.  Also can not relink.  It took three calls to get someone who knew the right answer.  I saved thousands of dollars on my Australian flight for two.

Just now, phabric said:

I have 3 cabins going.  We have anytime dining.

What does link cruise mean?

Just now, phabric said:

I have 3 cabins going.  We have anytime dining.

What does link cruise mean?

I have a b2b cruise  going to first NZ than Fiji..same ship and same cabin. Two different reservation numbers.  But they were linked so it shows on my first reservation that I am continuing on and I guess this info goes to the room steward.  Usually, on my other b2b's, the room steward already knows I am on the next cruise  from day one.  Anyway, this link on the computer shows the disembartation port as home so that is why you can not book a roundtrip.  In my case, it made Sydney my home. Once the sales department unlinked, immediately, I was allowed to book a roundtrip.  It was a lot of money saved.  The sales rep also made notations on my reservation that I was continuing, but told me to check with passenger service when on board.  

I am also linked with brother and wife.  Linked is important with other passengers if using traditional dining and the same table. We are doing anytime so it will not make a difference.