koningsdam gelato

esimon

It's pretty cheap - much cheaper than gelato places on land that I've visited.  My best guess is $2 for a small, $3 for a large.  The small is surprisingly big to me.  Those prices include 2 toppings, and if you're 3-star you get 25% off and if 4 or 5 star you get 50% off.  Can't beat it!  

Sue/WDW1972

We are ice cream lovers, and enjoyed scanning the lido for the flavors of the day.  The K-Dam was a disappointment for us on the ice cream front.  All you could get for 'free' was vanilla - chocolate - strawberry.  If you wanted anything more interesting, you had to pay at the gelato bar.  Love HAL, but they are instrumental in causing me to wean myself off of soda, ice cream, sweetner for my tea.  Booked for December - wonder what is next on the hit parade ...

4 hours ago, esimon said:

I know gelato isn't free so who can tell me the cost 🙂

FWIW gelato is created on board whereas ice cream is brought from the port.

Waffle cone - $2.00

8 oz cup - $2.00

12 oz cup - $2.75

Additional scoop - $1.25

Two toppings included.  Additional topping $0.50

Gelato popsicles - $2.00

Milkshakes - $4.50

image.png.8616d8cdebc9c2efdfce61c0029cfb87.png

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had gelato twice in the Canaletto for desserts on a recent Koningsdam cruise and it was delicious. The Pistachio was wonderful - don't recall what I had the second time. Love chocolate so the free  ice cream in a waffle cone was also delicious.

People were loading up chocolate chip cookies on plates in the Lido buffet -  have to admit we did the same and brought them back to our cabin to enjoy later.

29 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

I had gelato twice in the Canaletto for desserts on a recent Koningsdam cruise and it was delicious. The Pistachio was wonderful - don't recall what I had the second time. Love chocolate so the free  ice cream in a waffle cone was also delicious.

People were loading up chocolate chip cookies on plates in the Lido buffet -  have to admit we did the same and brought them back to our cabin to enjoy later.

The free 7-inch diameter chocolate chip cookies at the Grand Dutch Cafe were far superior to those in the Lido Market.  They were so soft and chewy that they would break apart if not supported by a plate or large hand.