Help me pick a specialty restaurant on Sunshine

jeditden

What Specialty Restaurant Should I Book?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Help me Choose

• Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse
    • Cucina del Capitano
    • Ji Ji Asian Kitchen
    • Sushi Bar
    • Save the $$$, they're all Meh. Buy her all the candy in the candy store!!!

Free bottle of wine (the "house"  Merlot or Chardonny or 50% off a more expensive bottle of wine)- first sailing day at the steakhouse.  Reserve on line ahead of the cruise.  Steakhouse is always delicious.      Cucina de Capitano is also very good with large portions of food (Chocolate Biscotti & coffee ice cream is my favorite desert there).  Never been on a ship with JiJis but am going on Sunshine in Oct & plan to try it.  As stated before, it is not on many ships.  Tried Bonsai Sushi on my last cruise and enjoyed that also.   If your ship has Seafood Shack, it is also a very casual but additional cost meal that we like to indulge in.

3 minutes ago, ChosenOne said:

Free bottle of wine (the "house"  Merlot or Chardonny or 50% off a more expensive bottle of wine)- first sailing day at the steakhouse.  Reserve on line ahead of the cruise.  Steakhouse is always delicious.      Cucina de Capitano is also very good with large portions of food (Chocolate Biscotti & coffee ice cream is my favorite desert there).  Never been on a ship with JiJis but am going on Sunshine in Oct & plan to try it.  As stated before, it is not on many ships.  Tried Bonsai Sushi on my last cruise and enjoyed that also.   If your ship has Seafood Shack, it is also a very casual but additional cost meal that we like to indulge in.

The seafood shack is relatively low in cost. What bothered me. WE purchased the fish and chips. Like $7.00. It was good but not excellent. At least it was good and hot. The very next evening on the buffet was fish and chips. A lot better fish and was excellent. The did have it on the next deck up for free. No longer. That was our favorite for the fish and chips.

On 1/25/2020 at 11:35 AM, jeditden said:

Yeah, money isn't the issue.  Right now I'm actually wait listed for traditional dining.  If we end up stuck with your time dining, I may take the advice here and book two nights in specialty restaurants.  Travel agent said since I want the 8:15pm time, my request will most likely go thru, as that's the less popular choice and more people would take your time dining.  We'll see.  

Even if you can't get traditional dining and have to take YTD, you can request the same servers each night - just let them know what time you think you'll arrive and they'll usually have a table just about ready for you : ))

2 hours ago, audcc77 said:

I just went to 555 on the Sunshine. 

I was thinking of doing JiJi next time.   Given that it’s a family style thing, do you think they’d let me eat by mysel?

Yes, you can dine solo anywhere with no issues. they just portion the plates out depending on how many are eating.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisinagain1960 said:

Even if you can't get traditional dining and have to take YTD, you can request the same servers each night - just let them know what time you think you'll arrive and they'll usually have a table just about ready for you : ))

Oh cool!  Good to know.