No sea days

patca

How exhausting a cruise isn’t just about how many port days you have.  I could do 12 consecutive port days assuming each night I go to bed at a reasonable hour and limit my alcohol consumption to one or two glasses of wine.  OTOH, if I get drunk and stay up until 2am the next day I am not going to have the required energy to enjoy a port day.

22 hours ago, clo said:

I'm actually considering that.  I can't imagine doing this itinerary in one trip other than a cruise.

MNA200908.jpg

Yes, a good example of where a cruise makes sense, as long as you have more than one day in St. Petersburg.

From experience, don't try to do Berlin from Warnemunde; it's an exercise in futility and a rushed blur. Aim for something closer by like Rostock (easy to DIY via train).

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, a good example of where a cruise makes sense, as long as you have more than one day in St. Petersburg.

From experience, don't try to do Berlin from Warnemunde; it's an exercise in futility and a rushed blur. Aim for something closer by like Rostock (easy to DIY via train).

Thanks, mom 🙂 Appreciate the advice.

We have three days in St. Peterburg.

I don't think that I would ever buy a cruise without sea days.

Even on some port days, we just stay on board if we have been there more than once before.  Some ports are difficult to avoid. Naples? Pfff. Went on shore for an hour to have ice cream.  Athens? 2300 people rushed off, 26 stayed on board and were shouted a round of afternoon drinks by the pool, served by the Captain himself.

Upcoming Norway cruise has 5 or 6 sea days, PLUS  all night fjord cruising with the midnight sun at 3 am. 

2 hours ago, clo said:

LOL! We did a Norwegian cruise and the midnight sun showed up at 10PM.

Haha, You know what I mean.

It never gets dark.

"Old people" roaming the corridors at 3.30 am, looking for an open bar. 

🙂🙂

15 minutes ago, buchhalm said:

Haha, You know what I mean.

It never gets dark.

"Old people" roaming the corridors at 3.30 am, looking for an open bar. 

🙂🙂

Oops. Error. I meant to write Northern Lights. We traveled in March. I find winter and summer that far north to be very disconcerting.

I travel to see sites so I’ve focused on European port intensive cruises. You’re usually back on board by 5:00pm so there’s time for dinner and relaxation. I don’t enjoy sea days where the pools are full and the chair hogs out in force.