Shore Excursions - Waitlist

Big Foot

Hello,

I have just logged onto onto my CP for my upcoming cruise on Iona in May & noticed that one of the excursions we wanted to book is sold out.  There used to be an option to select a “wait list” but I cannot see this.  Am I missing something obvious, or is it another thing you can do longer do online & will have to ring P&O?

Any ideas???

Thank you.

46 minutes ago, Big Foot said:

Hello,

I have just logged onto onto my CP for my upcoming cruise on Iona in May & noticed that one of the excursions we wanted to book is sold out.  There used to be an option to select a “wait list” but I cannot see this.  Am I missing something obvious, or is it another thing you can do longer do online & will have to ring P&O?

Any ideas???

Thank you.

On our fjord cruise last year one of the excursions was showing sold out very early. Then a lot nearer sailing it became possible to book so I think P&O put this when they haven't finalised all the details. I don't think a walking tour could be sold out, always room for one more!

Hi 

You could possibly book this on the cruise itself.

We did the walking tour in August 2018 although it was good ,we could have done this on our own.

Our tour started at 8.00 am in the pouring rain (Bergen is know for it rain) .

We walked around the town then went up to the funicular, we then decided to walk back as it was during down.

We are also on Iona in May and we have decided that when we are docked in Bergen we will walk to the town our own as it is easy to navigate and we will go a bit later to appreciate the fishmarkets as these were not open when we did our tour as so early.

The funicular is a little bit difficult to find but with a map you can find and purchase tickets.

Hope this helps

We done Bergen on our own , we went up the t ram(can't remember name) go straight there when you get off the ship as queue s build up. Fantastic views and walks up the top. Had a little walk around when we came down. There also a ice hotel walkable from the ship. We didn't wonder too far as were leaving mid pm. Lovely place and very doable on your own I'm someone who always does ship excursions, but no need to here.We had someone in a wheelchair very accessible port.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I believe we too are leaving early afternoon & hence thought with the P&O organised tour we won't lose track of time & get left behind LOL!

Maybe we will be brave & DIY it.

Joan

If it's not available to waitlist, it may be that they cant get any more guides to do this particular tour.  Like others we did it on our own which was very easy to organise then took the funicular up and walked down the lovely winding trail with great views. I would say that is easily achievable in the time you have. Unlike the others though, we've always had lovely sunshine in bergen!

As you're on one of the bigger ships, you will have a free shuttle into town. It stopped right beside a lovely park. I looked at Google map and I'm pretty sure it stopped in Christies Gate, maybe 5 minutes walk to the fish market