Strategic room selection for drink package

juanarcin

Is this a bad thing? We have a family sailing that requires 6 rooms. 4 people want the drink package,the rest do not. We are considering putting those four in 2 rooms because of the "everyone in the room buys the package" rule... Even though they aren't staying together.

My question is, first is this a bad thing to consider? We aren't trying to ripoff anyone, unless I'm thinking of it the wrong way. And as far as inconvenience of not accessing your room because you have the key to another room... I don't see that happening because we are all couples who will (for the most part) all be with their room mate the majority of the time. So I'm wondering if anyone has any thoughts or sees issues with this both morally and/or logistically. Thanks

It makes sense to me. 

As my DW doesn't drink and neither does the DW of someone we cruise with I might steal this idea in the future!

On our cruise on the Legend in a few weeks I am just going to pay as I go.  Our cruise for next year is on Celebrity which permits each individual to get the beverage package or not.  But future bookings on Carnival this looks like it would work.

Hopefully some other will chime in on this subject.

I absolutely plan on doing this my next cruise with the kids if we have 2 cabins.  Book myself with 1 kiddo and the hubby with another.  We don't drink enough for both to have the drink package and this work around will save us a lot.  Have not traveled with another couple or group to make this work around feasible but I am completely open to making the logistics work in a financially beneficial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Haha, I thought you were talking about choosing location/deck of room in proximity to bars for the Cheers package. LOL!

Which, I have actually done before. 😁

TOTALLY opened this thread for just that reason. I thought that was some new level of extreme in order to maximize the package value 🤣🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tonit964 said:

Haha, I thought you were talking about choosing location/deck of room in proximity to bars for the Cheers package. LOL!

me too

• Like 1

We just did this. We have two cabins split between 5 people. 2 children in total. There is really only one adult in the group who wants the package - my husband. We just called CArnival yesterday and asked them to re-arrange the cabins to have the one adult in a cabin with the kids so they could buy the drink package. She was more than happy to make the name changes on paper so that my husband could order the package prior to boarding. Worked out great.

2 hours ago, tonit964 said:

SAME, on both points. 😄 My fave are midship cabins, Empress deck, on Fantasy class ships - the atrium bar is a short sleepy stumble for the first mimosa of the day!

• Like 1

It's not a problem at all.  The only time there is a problem is if there drink package is shared with those that are not participating.  We did a family cruise where I am the only heavy drinker.  We arranged the rooms so I was the only adult in the cabin.

4 hours ago, tonit964 said:

me too!  I was thinking hmm, what cabin would be easiest to crawl back to from Alchemy....lolol

• Like 1