We're Canadian.....

rexy69

.... and I'm wondering what type of travel insurance you would suggest for my partner & I. With this Coronavirus coming on strong, I'm worried about our March Break cruise being cancelled, due to something out of the ordinary like not being allowed over the Border. So, I'm thinking maybe we should get some sort of Trip Cancellation. Any suggestions?

17 minutes ago, rexy69 said:

.... and I'm wondering what type of travel insurance you would suggest for my partner & I. With this Coronavirus coming on strong, I'm worried about our March Break cruise being cancelled, due to something out of the ordinary like not being allowed over the Border. So, I'm thinking maybe we should get some sort of Trip Cancellation. Any suggestions?

There are several ways to go, I would price them out and compare.  Depending on your ages and cost of trip and what you want to cover (medical and weather, cancel for any reason, air also, etc.) the cruiselines might work, or try the biggies, insuremytrip dot com, travel I shred or travel guard.  

Since you’re in Canada, you’re best bet is to google your options. I have lots of links for Americans , but not Canadians.

You could try looking at what Carnival sells, unless you’re from Ontario I believe.

But to add on, insurance isn’t going to help because of Coronavirus. Hell, hundreds of people have died from the flu and nobody is cancelling any cruises.

Edited by klfrodo
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Since you’re in Canada, you’re best bet is to google your options. I have lots of links for Americans , but not Canadians.

You could try looking at what Carnival sells, unless you’re from Ontario I believe.

But to add on, insurance isn’t going to help because of Coronavirus. Hell, hundreds of people have died from the flu and nobody is cancelling any cruises.

Actually, there have been cancellations in the China market.  Who knows what the future will bring.  

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Because the Chinese government is shutting down transportation.  

That would be why any sailing would be cancelled. Concern over transmission.   That said, it appears they have already let the cat out of the bag, but nothing new there.

We are Canadian as well. We did buy some through our Carnival PA just in case my elderly MIL was not able to make the trip - very reasonable.

But our credit card we booked with also provided some as well. I have to assume you are wondering what would happen if one of your family got sick and had to cancel? Credit card insurance should cover that. If Carnival cancels, they would re-emburse you.

2 hours ago, Luv2Cruze4 said:

We are Canadian as well. We did buy some through our Carnival PA just in case my elderly MIL was not able to make the trip - very reasonable.

But our credit card we booked with also provided some as well. I have to assume you are wondering what would happen if one of your family got sick and had to cancel? Credit card insurance should cover that. If Carnival cancels, they would re-emburse you.

This is what we rely on as well.  The credit card coverage and coverage bought through Carnival.  We also buy travel/health insurance through Blue Cross.  This may not cover the cost of the missing the cruise however, just coverage in case of medical emergencies, etc.