two questions: drinking age on ship? jet ski rental at cococay

renata102

What is the drinking age on board ship?  I have an 18 year old which I wouldn't mind her having a drink.  Also jet ski rentals at cococay.  We are a party of 4 but we want to rent two jet skis and then have 2 passengers.   Wont let me add passengers when I book online.  do I just book two and add the passengers once we get on the island?  One of the passengers is only 14.  we know he cant be the driver....  anyone have experience with this?

onboard it is 21, period, end of subject.  this ALSO covers any private islands run by the cruise line.   and no, there is no  waiver you van sign on a itineraries leaving from North America.  

as for  double riders,  that may not be permitted at all.   you may have to wait until you get there to find that out.  

47 minutes ago, renata102 said:

What is the drinking age on board ship?  I have an 18 year old which I wouldn't mind her having a drink.  Also jet ski rentals at cococay.  We are a party of 4 but we want to rent two jet skis and then have 2 passengers.   Wont let me add passengers when I book online.  do I just book two and add the passengers once we get on the island?  One of the passengers is only 14.  we know he cant be the driver....  anyone have experience with this?

The drinking age on the ship is based on the drinking age of the "closed loop" port it leaves.  So the USA, it is 21, and if it is Europe, 18.  If you want the 18 year old to drink, you can book a cruise out of Europe. (or the many other areas RCCL travels).  As far as the jet ski, you would book the jet ski, and than as a separate booking, the passengers.  All the jet skies hold two people so it should allow it.  If not, jet skies can be booked on the island if available. 

1 hour ago, Joseph2017China said:

The drinking age on the ship is based on the drinking age of the "closed loop" port it leaves.  So the USA, it is 21, and if it is Europe, 18.  If you want the 18 year old to drink, you can book a cruise out of Europe. (or the many other areas RCCL travels).  As far as the jet ski, you would book the jet ski, and than as a separate booking, the passengers.  All the jet skies hold two people so it should allow it.  If not, jet skies can be booked on the island if available. 

Or you can book NCL.

There should be two options in your cruise planner, the Jet Ski Driver and the Jet Ski Passenger, as in the picture below which is what shows up for my upcoming cruise that stops in CocoCay. You would then have to purchase two Drivers and two Passengers. 

894240725_ScreenShot2020-01-31at13_59_02.thumb.png.d7cd3eecf3399e575d85000935c57f33.png

2 hours ago, PQI said:

There should be two options in your cruise planner, the Jet Ski Driver and the Jet Ski Passenger, as in the picture below which is what shows up for my upcoming cruise that stops in CocoCay. You would then have to purchase two Drivers and two Passengers. 

894240725_ScreenShot2020-01-31at13_59_02.thumb.png.d7cd3eecf3399e575d85000935c57f33.png

This.  

I have booked Driver and Rider for myself and my SO.

Yes, they DO charge that much for the passenger.