Distilled water

SharonK

There was another thread on this recently.  X can provide distilled water but you have to be slightly careful of its source.  A recent poster was provided with boiled water rather than a sealed bottle of distilled.  I think they got it from the Medical center in the end.

5 minutes ago, SharonK said:

Traveling with a friend who uses a c-pap machine.  He needs distilled water for it.  Can celebrity provide distilled water or does he need to carry it on?

I have been on seven X sailings and have never had an issue getting distilled water for my cpap. Just ask you cabin steward on embarkation day, they will get it right away.  He or she will more than likely also need to ask the cabin steward for an extension cord to plug in on the vanity, as there may not be an outlet available next to the bed.

1 minute ago, megfla said:

I have been on seven X sailings and have never had an issue getting distilled water for my cpap. Just ask you cabin steward on embarkation day, they will get it right away.  He or she will more than likely also need to ask the cabin steward for an extension cord to plug in on the vanity, as there may not be an outlet available next to the bed.

Did you call celebrity ahead of the cruise or just ask when you got on the ship?

Just now, SharonK said:

Did you call celebrity ahead of the cruise or just ask when you got on the ship?

Just ask your stateroom attendant when you get to your room that first day.  He or she will leave it in your cabin, usually within an hour.

24 minutes ago, kathynorth said:

We email special needs and ask for distilled water and an extension cord. Special needs will respond to confirm they've received your request. These are usually in the cabin when we arrive. If not, just remind the cabin steward. 

Yes, make sure you ask for the extension cord if you need it. Often people with Cpap need it in hotels prior and then get to the pier only to have it confiscated since it’s a prohibited item.

I always call special needs before the cruise.  Most of the time the distilled water and extension cord is in the cabin when I arrive.  If not, I ask the cabin steward.  This is also how I get a sharps container since I take an injectable medication. I've never had any issue getting these things.

Carolyn