Live from the Regal Princess 2/2/2020 Collaboration

CruiseVA

Yesterday we sorta just chilled out, wife had an inense week at work, and, I had, well my first week of retirement, so not so intense 🙂. We were wandering around the shops and I saw a big crowd, what was it? Effy of course! 

I woke up around 5;30AM and went don to the IC, I was still half asleep when I ordered my large fresh brew. He never asked me to tap, so I thought that was odd, but, ok, I guess you don't have to tap for them to get the charge when you're the only one around.  I never got charged for it, so, I think he may have needed coffee more than I did.  

Managed to catch sunrise out neat the Outrigger bar, Aft Lido Deck. We were close to Princess Cays at that point. Ship was crawling along...

IMG_20200202_210359.jpg

IMG_20200203_064750.jpg

Screenshot_20200203-062913.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, voljeep said:

you might check, but I believe some have posted on here that brewed is 'free in the mornings' at IC

no clue if that's true, or time limit 

My wife came down about 15 minutes later and ordered one, she immediately tapped her medallion. The charge shows up in her account 🙂

DW & I took the 'Water Shuttle' over to Princess Cay.  My SIL and DN are on this cruise with us and I told them that I read on one of these threads that the southern end of Princess Cay is supposed to be better.  We met up with them on the Cay's south side and they were very happy they turned to the right when the got off the shuttle.  The South Side was not crowded at all and there were plenty of spots in the shade.  DW & I had a drink with them and returned to the Regal for lunch.  After lunch, we met up with CruiseVA for a beverage at the Outrigger Bar.  Being at anchor, there was no wake to see but we'll go back today as this is our first sea day.  CruiseVA bought me a beer and as I was drinking it, CruiseVA told me that now I owe CineGraphic a beer as I just got his free beer from CruiseVA.  :classic_tongue:

Our M&G is this afternoon, we are hoping everybody that was planning to come today remembered to set their clocks one hour ahead last night...

Here are some photos of the new 'Water Shuttles' they are now using instead of the onboard tenders.  Also some photos of the South Side of Princess Cay taken about 11:30 AM yesterday.

P2030060.thumb.JPG.3bcdab1c2121f60cce4cdd28961f2bc9.JPGP2030056.thumb.JPG.d13f811e3286c79466f0c4d60507ff3a.JPGP2030061.thumb.JPG.a1c1c9b31df6fdb6443cca2935af4f6d.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

CruiseVA bought me a beer and as I was drinking it, CruiseVA told me that now I owe CineGraphic a beer as I just got his free beer from CruiseVA. 

You're in deeper than you thought, as I drink whiskey, not beer. lol.

Glad you found the south side of the resort. We were looking forward to chilling in the shade there as well in a few weeks, but we are skipping PC, due to propulsion problems. (Crown Princess)

• Haha 2

I'm a fan of the themed dinners in the buffet.  Is this shown in the Patters?  Or do you need to go there that evening to see what the theme is?    

I remember not knowing about themed buffets about 10 years ago on a Princess cruise--maybe Crown or Emerald I think.  We all had dinner in the dining room and then decided to go check out desserts in the Horizon Court.  And it was seafood buffet--so we had a second dinner with lobster claws, etc.    I no longer overstuff myself so I'd prefer to know in advance this time!

ALSO, do they still do lobster in the dining room one night (included in cruise fare) and if so, which night is it?

When I woke up at 6:30 this AM, it was really 7:30. We went down to the IC for a large fresh brew, I guess the server was awake this AM as I had to tap for it 😞

Then I went up to the walking track, real windy today, and since it was around 8:15 much busier than usual.  Then went to the buffet for lunch around 9:30, it was crazy busy in there!  My DW went there about 11:00 and was pretty upset due to the lines being stupid long and people bumping into her.

Back in the roomnow, having a Grey Hound from the mini-bar & Grapefruit juice from the buffet (you have to ask for it),.  Getting ready for the Meet & Greet at 2:00, will be meeting Daniel A & EAEMNCT a little before to help in whatever prep is needed.  I hope the head of the bar (which ever that is?) is there so I can ask my they have the Ballast Point Sculpin on the drink menu, nor do they display it at any of the bars, but, if you ask, you shall receive.

I can't remember if I posted the screenshot from the WiFi package options for Platinum * up if you purchase on day 1.

Screenshot_20200202-130117.png

10 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Getting ready for the Meet & Greet at 2:00, will be meeting Daniel A & EAEMNCT a little before to help in whatever prep is needed.  I hope the head of the bar (which ever that is?) is there so I can ask my they have the Ballast Point Sculpin on the drink menu, nor do they display it at any of the bars, but, if you ask, you shall receive.

The Meet & Greet is at 1:00...:classic_mellow:  Probably a typo.  Those Grey Hounds can do that to you.:classic_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

The Meet & Greet is at 1:00...:classic_mellow:  Probably a typo.  Those Grey Hounds can do that to you.:classic_biggrin:

Yikes!  It's my google calendar, it adjust for time zone, and, I set my timezone to be ahead an hour today!  Greyhound didn't help either 🙂 See you in a little bit...

It was a good turnout at the Meet & Greet (Mingle). I think Dan counted 29.  We had a lot of questions bounced off the Cruise Director & (I think) the head of Guest Services.

Dan had what I thought was the best question regarding the Medallion & Personal Information...

We got a couple of things cleared up at our Meet & Mingle today by the head of Guest Relations.

1. Personal Information available to servers & staff other than the desk.  They have access to your name, picture, month & day of birth, not year, and state you are from. The birthday & state are so that the servers can use that info to start up a conversation with you.  That's all they see.  So those rumors about Passport ID, phone number, address are just that - unfounded rumors.

2. We're on the Regal and a lot of servers keep asking us for our Cabin number. The reason for that is because not all servers have been trained in using the Medallion System. So fat only the Sky was built for the Medallion & all personnel were trained from the start. Since it's an addon to all other ships they are slowly  coming up to speed.  

3. He passed his Medallion around, the new ones are made of plastic and are pacemaker safe.

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 1

Went into town today and had a great time. Then when we got back to our cabin, believe it or not, someone took our sign! Really, who is so low as to take a sign, I guess someone else's wife turned 65 & they just retired .. Hope they enjoy it as much as we did! At least I have a photo of it...

If anyone see's it on a door, please post the cabin location & I'll go get it 🙂

IMG_20200202_181127.jpg

12 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

By chance have you asked your cabin attendant who cleans the room.  

I haven't seen her since we've been back. I assumed that if she took it don, it would be in my cabin.  I did walk the whole deck on the chance that someone just took it and put it on another door. Didn't see it , but, I did see many creative ones - much more creative than mine 🙂

7 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

I haven't seen her since we've been back. I assumed that if she took it don, it would be in my cabin.  I did walk the whole deck on the chance that someone just took it and put it on another door. Didn't see it , but, I did see many creative ones - much more creative than mine 🙂

I'm going to check the doors on Deck 14.

• Like 1