Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami transportation???

beshears

We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale with the hotel picking us up at the airport, and taking us to the hotel.  I just called the LaQuinta Inn where we will be staying, and "thought" maybe they might tell me of some shuttle or some other type of service to take us to the Port of Miami. They recommended Umber or Taxi.  Now I'm "thinking" Taxi is very high.  If you have used some other type of service from the hotel to the cruise port, what was the name, and were you happy with their service?

10 minutes ago, beshears said:

We are staying in Ft. Lauderdale with the hotel picking us up at the airport, and taking us to the hotel.  I just called the LaQuinta Inn where we will be staying, and "thought" maybe they might tell  me of some shuttle or some other type of service to take us to the Port of Miami. They recommended Umber or Taxi.  Now I'm "thinking" Taxi is very high.  If you have used some other type of service from the hotel to the cruise port, what was the name, and were you happy with their service?

http://ridesas.com has shuttle service from some Ft Lauderdale hotels to POM.  Check their website for the list.  $15/pp, each way.

My choice would be Uber, or you can look at the Brightline train...they offer a 'get you to your cruise' package that includes one bag and a Lyft ride.  Starts at $20. pp each way.

• Like 1

We used QLS a couple years ago and had a nice experience. It was $13/person from our Ft. Lauderdale hotel to Miami cruise port. We scheduled a 9am pick up, they allow themselves a 15 minute window, and he was there by 9:05. It's a shared service, so he had to make one or two other stops after us, but that didn't take long at all. We parked at the hotel, so also scheduled a return trip back. We called them when we got off the ship and they happened to have a van already pulling into the port picking up two other people, so they just put us in with them. The same fee, $13/person, for the return trip. We're cruising out of Miami again next month, staying in Miami this time, and will probably call them again. Our hotel provides a shuttle to the port, but not a return trip, so we'll call QLS.

We have 8 people going on the Disney Magic next Monday.   Flights from Cleveland to Miami were too expensive when we booked so we are flying into Ft Lauderdale on Sunday and staying at the LaQuinta in Hollywood FL overnight.   We booked QLS to pick us up at hotel Monday morning and take us to Miami Port and also post cruise to pick us up at Miami Port and take us to FL Lauderdale airport.   Because there are 8 of us it is only $12 per person each way.    So hopefully all goes well...

21 hours ago, beshears said:

Thank you ALL for these good suggestions.  Now, I need to decide "which one" to pick. 🙂

We used ridesas.com this past December from Ft. Lauderdale hotel to Port of Miami...as long as the LaQuinta that you are staying at, is one of the hotels they recognize, they will pick you up at the hotel and drop you off at the port.$15.00 per passenger. We had a driver by the name of Richard and he couldn't have been more nicer.  Check their website for further information.

Good luck on your search.

I do not recall them being previously mentioned on this board.

The popular shared shuttle suggestions are SAS, QLS, MJS & Go Airport plus several mentions for Jiffy Jeff.  The popular ones list the hotels they pick up at on their web sites - see if you are already booked into a hotel with scheduled pick ups and save yourself a trip back to FLL just to catch the shuttle van.

If you want private transport look at Larry's Limos, Holland Limo and South FLA Limo plus John's car service. For 2-3 people it's hard to beat UberX or Lyft for about $35+

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 4:44 PM, thinfool said:

http://ridesas.com has shuttle service from some Ft Lauderdale hotels to POM.  Check their website for the list.  $15/pp, each way.

My choice would be Uber, or you can look at the Brightline train...they offer a 'get you to your cruise' package that includes one bag and a Lyft ride.  Starts at $20. pp each way.

THIS is very helpful. THANKS so much