Trip insurance

medi130

17 hours ago, silverturtle said:

We used the carnival cruise trip insurance and we had to use it. My mom passed away the day before we were to fly out, it covered it with no problems. I really never thought we'd have to use it, but we did.

I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom. may I ask if you received your $$ back with carnival's insurance or a future credit?

Thanks

We are using TripInsuranceStore.  At this point I was pretty happy with them, but just received a letter notifying us that they would not cover the Coronaviris.  We have about 5 weeks out, so hopefully things will get better in regard to the viris.

23 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

We use insuremytrip.com to compare companies then purchase directly from them. Not one size fits all. 

We picked Nationwide Cruise from insuremytrip. It's a very comprehensive site being able to compare several policies. We also had a death in the family before a 2 week trans canal cruise. Nationwide paid everything, keep every receipt.

23 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

Check to see if your charge card includes travel insurance as a perk. Mine does. 

Yes my Capital One has some travel insurance, however read the fine print, it is not very comprehensive.

2 hours ago, disfan13 said:

I'm sorry for the loss of your Mom. may I ask if you received your $$ back with carnival's insurance or a future credit?

Thanks

Thank you. We received the money. Plus we were reimbursed for our shore excursions as well. Both were with a check. The only glitch was that they had written the checks out to each individual (yes, including the grand children) cruiser. We were very happy with the Carnival trip insurance. We're booked for the Glory in June and we have the carnival trip ins this time too. NEVER will I ever think it's not worth the price!!

Edited by silverturtle
  • Like 1