Carnival Corporation Arrogance

tcc8v

10 hours ago, sail7seas said:

Many people here on CC did buy insurance and yet they have posted  their insurers are refusing to pay claims !!!!!!

They may not have purchased insurance that covers this.  For example, one poster was upset because his purchased insurance didn't cover airfare.  He purchased the insurance from the cruise line but purchased airfare from the airlines.  One must be careful in what was purchased and what was covered.

Most people don't pay the extra for CFAR or a CFAR policy.  Travel insurance denying coverage for trip cancellation when it is outside of a covered event (e.g., illness by the traveler or quarantine of said traveler) is not a surprise.  The best analogy is that people assume coverage for epidemics similar to the coverage for terrorism in a port of call, but are surprised when there's no such coverage listed in their policy (public service announcement, they let you read the certificate of benefits aka the coverage of a policy before you buy it).  If they covered cancelation for diseases endemic to a region then travel to the entire Caribbean basin would probably be uninsurable due to Zika.

I wonder how many people actually read, or at least skim, the policy they purchase.  This is like complaining that travel insurance won't reimburse for a covered event where it says in your policy "must be reported within 72 hours" but you only bother to report it to them 2 weeks after the event.   

On 2/8/2020 at 9:51 PM, kazu said:

Trip insurers have announced that they are adjusting policies for the coronavirus.

So, some people may be covered.  You need to touch base with your companies as it varies (typical line).  But it was on the news today in case it helps anyone.

So, 'the news 'reported a big maybe  ?not terribly helpful.

On 2/8/2020 at 11:49 AM, IRL_Joanie said:

Hmmmm...... Can you take a screen shot of one of my posts, such as this one? I cannot see any problems with the preview of all devices it shows (The final button up top right)

I've tried a modified color of the one I've been using, so if it id the color then I fixed it. If not......

Joanie

JOANIE,  thank you for  trying but I am  on my lap top and cannot read one word. of the screen shot

On 2/8/2020 at 8:49 AM, IRL_Joanie said:

Hmmmm...... Can you take a screen shot of one of my posts, such as this one? I cannot see any problems with the preview of all devices it shows (The final button up top right)

I've tried a modified color of the one I've been using, so if it id the color then I fixed it. If not......

Joanie

Joanie,

How it appears on a desktop:

image.png.07c772465792242707ea1925f17286f9.png

How it appears  on a Galaxy S9+ (only much smaller), its not the color, its the font, its a problem for the forum software.

Screenshot_20200210-101642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.77934fa1b6cdffcef9435301f1e9228e.jpg

Edited by AlanF65

3 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Joanie,

How it appears on a desktop:

image.png.07c772465792242707ea1925f17286f9.png

How it appears  on a Galaxy S9+ (only much smaller), its not the color, its the font, its a problem for the forum software.

Screenshot_20200210-101642_Chrome.thumb.jpg.77934fa1b6cdffcef9435301f1e9228e.jpg

Since the post you've quoted, I have changed the font and color. I am now using Tahoma as the font at  size 18, with the color being #000066.

Sail, can you try again? I think you, as well as AlanF65 may have posted to a slightly older post:)

The only thing I have left to change would be the size of the font.

Joanie

Joanie

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IRL_Joanie said:

Since the post you've quoted, I have changed the font and color. I am now using Tahoma as the font at  size 18, with the color being #000066.

Sail, can you try again? I think you, as well as AlanF65 may have posted to a slightly older post:)

The only thing I have left to change would be the size of the font.

Joanie

Joanie

This posts appears the same on my desktop and phone, you found a winner!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 5:46 PM, tcc8v said:

Thank you for your interesting comments.

The point is that the Diamond Princess incident shows that if an infected person manages to board the ship, the cruise company cannot protect its passengers.  Infected individuals have a period of time without symptoms, and, as one post pointed out, might lie on their health questionnaires.  It is probably impossible to reduce to an acceptable level the risk of boarding an infected individual.  Infected individuals do get through immigration screening but their effect can be controlled on land (and hence the modest national counts of total infections outside of China).  The Diamond Princess shows that an infected on board ship is very serious.

National governments all over Asia apparently agree because they are closing their ports to international cruise ships.  At this time, the Westerdam is floating around the East China Sea, unable to find a port willing to accept her.

At this point, what I really think CCL (and probably other cruise companies) should do is to admit its inability to protect passengers and cancel its spring Asian cruises (refunds would result).  To do otherwise is IMHO arrogant.  Humble Pie would probably help.

Cruise critic has a very interesting article that points out that standard cruise insurance policies do not cover epidemics.  HAL does offer 'cancel any reason' policies, but these have more limited health coverage.

Typhoid Mary is thought to have infected only 51 people (Wikipedia).

Arrogance seems to be a national characteristic these days.  In fact, I detect a lot of arrogance in the above post.  I am very sorry for all those people affected by this new virus.  The lessons to be learned are that bad weather, viruses, and so on happen, and that any traveler these days should have adequate cancellation and health insurance. Other characteristics of today are the blame game and greed.

• Thanks 1