Free at sea dining reservations

jpinperth

1 hour ago, jpinperth said:

Just a quick question, with the free at sea package, can dining reservations be made in advance of boarding?  If they can do they have to be make online or can you call the request in? Thanks 

You should make reservations for any specialty dining. Log on to your MyNCL account 120 days prior to departure (130 days if you are in a suite). Prime time dining reservations will sell out quickly.

The MyNCL system will take reservations. It does not care how you pay (cash/room charge, OBC,  or with a Specialty Dining Package credit).  

Just don't get too worried if you can't make reservations for the times you want - NCL only releases 20-30% of the available bookings before embarkation, the rest are made available for booking once you board.  Some have had success with connecting to the ship's WiFi in the terminal and using the app (downloaded before hand) to try to book their desired slots.

Also be aware that booking dining will reserve a 2 hour slot and will prevent the person that made that reservation from booking other activities within that 2 hour slot.

4 hours ago, Golden Gater said:

If you have a free Pinnacle Dinner package and book before the cruise, do you have to charge it to a credit card?  Will they credit your account the $79 when on board?

I’m assuming that pinnacle was an autocorrect error (unless this is something new that I’ve never heard of), and you mean the standard dining package as part of free at sea.

If so then no, you don’t have to pay when booking, as long as you only book as many meals as you have in your package. So, if you have a three meal package then you won’t get charged for the first 3 meals you book.

If for any reason you book more meals than you have covered by your package then you can get round having to make payment for the others by doing the fixed price ones first. There is no actual prepayment taken from anyone when booking a la carte places, so do them last.

Edited by KeithJenner

11 hours ago, Golden Gater said:

If you have a free Pinnacle Dinner package and book before the cruise, do you have to charge it to a credit card?  Will they credit your account the $79 when on board?

Only if you are on a Royal Caribbean cruise and are a Pinnacle level member. Can’t use it on NCL. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hallux said:

And if you have the PLATINUM certificates - as long as the restaurant is one that a-la-carte rather than one with a cover charge there's no up-front cost to charge.

Even if it has a cover charge you can avoid paying up front by booking it first.

DO book on line as soon as you are able. I've waited too long twice and the only choices were either 5pm or else 9pm or later. I booked at times I didn't want, then tried to move to an better time while on board and was told there was nothing else available.

I'm confused about the reservations. The Promotional Terms & Conditions page on the NCL website says this: "Guests are permitted to pre-reserve specialty dining with entertainment included online. However, the guest is responsible to pay the full retail value.
If the guest chooses to use the reservation as part of their specialty dining package, they will need to make these arrangements once onboard."

So can I or can't I reserve my seat at the specialty dining restaurants using my specialty dining package? The cost comes up as "$0" when I check out. If I need to wait until I'm onboard, I'll do so. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, KansasTexan said:

I'm confused about the reservations. The Promotional Terms & Conditions page on the NCL website says this: "Guests are permitted to pre-reserve specialty dining with entertainment included online. However, the guest is responsible to pay the full retail value.
If the guest chooses to use the reservation as part of their specialty dining package, they will need to make these arrangements once onboard."

So can I or can't I reserve my seat at the specialty dining restaurants using my specialty dining package? The cost comes up as "$0" when I check out. If I need to wait until I'm onboard, I'll do so. Thanks.

You most certainly can make reservations for meals on the dining package.

I have done so for every cruise over the past few years.

Edited by KeithJenner