Silhouette

JDERR2752

Renaissance is a nice hotel for its location, have been in much better Marriott properties- no port shuttle. We have a rental so we drop it off at the vendor and they have a direct shuttle to the ship.

Hal

36 minutes ago, HS2BS said:

Renaissance is a nice hotel for its location, have been in much better Marriott properties- no port shuttle. We have a rental so we drop it off at the vendor and they have a direct shuttle to the ship.

Hal

Yes.  I called about the shuttle to the port.  It is $6 per person.  That’s pretty reasonable 

can u tell me which port or port number

2 hours ago, HS2BS said:

We have a rental so we drop it off at the vendor and they have a direct shuttle to the ship.

If you are using Avis/Budget, prepare for gridlock trying to get into the rental car facility (depending upon the day and how many ships are in port) and possibly a very long wait for the shuttle.  As long as you leave enough time, remember that you're about to head out on a cruise (which should make you a little more cheery), and keep your patience in check, you'll be fine.  On peak days/times, the wait can be well over an hour and in the sun for a good bit of the time, so plan accordingly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDERR2752 said:

Ha.  When I was on the webcam it gave me 2 options.  Thanks

You can watch both webcams.  Different views but both of Port Everglades in FLL.  Ft. Lauderdale gives you a broad overview of the port while Port Everglades gives you a better up close ship view for sailaway.  

I usually watch Ft. Lauderdale until the ship moves to the beginning of the channel then I switch to the Port Everglades cam.  

5 minutes ago, JDERR2752 said:

I have been watching the port Everglades webcam and the silhouette is still in port. Ugh

And it will be until tomorrow, you seem to doubt all that have told you the Silhouette sails 2/14 sometime after 4:00 pm.

Edited by Oville

We are lucky enough to be boarding tomorrow! Can someone offer thoughts on boarding time? Obviously they won't be disembarking leaving passengers - is 11 too early? We have purchase the specialty dining package so we would like to be able to make reservations fairly early.

5 hours ago, Lisacope said:

We are lucky enough to be boarding tomorrow! Can someone offer thoughts on boarding time? Obviously they won't be disembarking leaving passengers - is 11 too early? We have purchase the specialty dining package so we would like to be able to make reservations fairly early.

With the facial recognition system and cards at your room boarding was very fast on Equinox post Revolution...I would expect Silhouette to be the same. 

Have a fantastic cruise...