Silhouette

JDERR2752

40 minutes ago, laslomas said:

I will be interested to read all the opinions too. Most of all I hope they have reinstated footstools in Concierge Class. 

We will be sailing in Concierge Class for the first time. We booked when Concierge was being sold at the same price as balcony, so decided to go for it. We also got a one category upgrade, as we are Elite, C2 with a larger balcony, so I’m hoping for a footstool.

Can you ask the Concierge for one if it’s not on the balcony? 

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

We will be sailing in Concierge Class for the first time. We booked when Concierge was being sold at the same price as balcony, so decided to go for it. We also got a one category upgrade, as we are Elite, C2 with a larger balcony, so I’m hoping for a footstool.

Can you ask the Concierge for one if it’s not on the balcony? 

Like you I will be in a C2 with an oversized angled balcony. I like to book Concierge as one of the best benefits was the footstools, so lovely for relaxing on the balcony. There was a thread on this forum last year, after the Equinox re-fit, when a passenger informed us that the balcony furniture had been 'upgraded' . The table had been swopped out for a much smaller one that was no longer suitable for using to eat a meal at. And the Concierge footstools were no more 😞 They said the Head of Housekeeping on Equinox had so much bad feedback that he was in the process of getting the stools re-instated but it would be 2 months before they were available. Nothing was posted after that to say if it ever happened.

Hopefully they will keep the stools after the Silhouette re-fit, but it is a bit worrying as footstools are no longer listed under Concierge Stateroom features. If they are not there I do not expect your Concierge will be able to locate any for you.

4 hours ago, JDERR2752 said:

Can you explain the footstool thing please

The footstools on the balcony were a benefit attached to Concierge Class. Once you have had them it is hard to do without if you like to relax with your feet up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We’re in Fort Lauderdale now awaiting the arrival of the Silhouette for this Friday’s sailing.

Seems strange to look at the harbor with no cruise ships present. At the Renaissance, with a corner room(not a cabin) that overlooks the 17th Street bridge and the entrance to the port. Will take some pictures when she arrives.

Hal

• Like 1

If you are at the Renaissance on 17th, try the Boatyard which is at the far end if the parking lot in front of the hotel.  Great food and ambiance.   Been there several times and at least once every time we cruise from Ft Lauderdale

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, HS2BS said:

We’re in Fort Lauderdale now awaiting the arrival of the Silhouette for this Friday’s sailing.

Seems strange to look at the harbor with no cruise ships present. At the Renaissance, with a corner room(not a cabin) that overlooks the 17th Street bridge and the entrance to the port. Will take some pictures when she arrives.

Hal

Howdy... if you have an Internet package onboard, can you please come back and give us some real-time updates?

Thanks in advance!  Smooth Sailing!

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, HS2BS said:

Hal

Have a fantastic cruise we don’t board until October!

17 hours ago, JDERR2752 said:

We are staying there also.  Wednesday and Thursday.  How is the hotel?  Did they have a shuttle from the airport?  
thanks so much for your posts.   You must be very excited.   I am for everyone. 

2 hours ago, chemmo said:

Just watched Silhouette enter Port Everglades on the webcam...

Happy and safe cruising to all boarding soon!

I’m. Going to set my phone alarm for 3:45 so I can watch you leave port.