Refunds for cancelled cruises

3 hours ago, ANagy said:

My parents have been on many cruises worldwide.  Always with Princess.  Once on a month-long trip around the world.  They've even taken me with them several times.  They were booked on this 21 night Sapphire Princess Southeast Asia cruise out of Singapore.  Literally one day prior to departing from Oregon, they decided to see their doctor due to their fear over the exploding cases of covid-19 in the region they were about to explore.  Their doctor told them that considering their age and my father's compromised immune system, they better cancel their trip.  He provided a letter memorializing his advice.  They cancelled their trip and submitted the doctor's letter with their request for a refund.  They received a denial of their claim from Princess Cruises' underwriter AON stating that since they weren't sick or dead and didn't have a severe illness or death of a family member, they didn't qualify for a refund.  Then, as Princess clearly recognized the danger of possible covid-19 transmission in Asia/Singapore/Thailand/Vietnam and their Diamond Princess ship quarantined in Japan with 218 cases of coronavirus infected passengers on board, they cancelled the second half of their voyage with a one-day notice.  My parents were so glad that they didn't have to go through the inconvenience a mid-trip termination of their cruise would've entailed.  So far, their claim for reimbursement is still denied and only their shore excursions have been refunded.  I can't imagine how such business practices benefits Princess' reputation.

When did your parents cancel their cruise? This is from fb Princess page an hour ago - Updated Cancellation Policy: Guests booked on an Asia cancelled cruise, and have cancelled their booking on or after January 20, 2020, will receive details on a compensation package in the coming weeks.

Leigh

..although based in the US, and I am in Australia, Isabel Travel  knows all about Aussie Consumer Law--and persuaded Crystal to change its mind! It just shows how important a TA is. When the chips are down you need someone to tirelessly fight for you. 

• Like 1

I must admit your success is making me feel a bit more positive about our upcoming trip on Crystal Symphony in May. It's a big one, a 26 night Western Europe B2B2B. If that gets cancelled we would definitely need a full refund. 

6 minutes ago, Elizabethbea said:

You've got to be joking! I was on that  cruise with my Son, Sam. My name is Dawn--and yours?? I'm sure we must have met!

I'm Julie and, yes, from Sydney. We were regular trivia players and tended to spend the afternoons poolside. I have short silver hair. 

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

Sam and I played Trivia every day that it was on. Im trying to remember what we called ourselves--too many cruises ago to remember !

I am blond, played  in a  team  with a lady who was a real old time cruiser called Barbara, I recall Trivia was in Galaxy then?

Sam is tall dark handsome ! ( Well he is my son!!)

IMG_4921.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elizabethbea said:

You've got to be joking! I was on that  cruise with my Son, Sam. My name is Dawn--and yours?? I'm sure we must have met!

Yes - I remember you and Sam - it was great that Greg and Andrea could team up with Sam - they reduced the average age on that Voyage by a massive amount

We enjoyed some great nights in the Avenue together!

We just got off Crystal Serenity in Auckland today so are of course struggling to come to grips with life back on land 😂

Rest assures the onboard Crystal product is at an all time high!

Can’t wait to get back on Symphony in a couple of months - with OZKiwiJJ!

Edited by Stickman1990

2 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

We just got off Crystal Serenity in Auckland today so are of course struggling to come to grips with life back on land 😂

Rest assures the onboard Crystal product is at an all time high!

Cant wait to get back on Symphony in a couple of months - with OZKiwiJJ!

👍