IInterested in Impressions of Edge Class Ships Deluxe ocean view with veranda.

cruiser61262

We are booked on the Apex in an Deluxe Ocean View with the veranda.  We have been on the Edge and really disliked the IV.  We need to travel during school vacations because my husband is a teacher and the prices are relatively high.  The difference between the sunset verandas and the Deluxe Oceanview was quite substantial so that puts it out of our budget.  Please don't even mention the suite options....  We chose this particular cruise because of the ports of call.  Because of the teacher impediment our week in April is not negotiable and the other cruises go to the same ports we are tired of going to so this Apex cruise we feel is our best option.  I was just wondering if anyone out there has actually stayed in one of these cabins  or knows someone who has and what their impressions were.  I know the balcony is just big enough to turn around in, but I like the idea of being able to go out there and close the door behind us like a traditional balcony.  We booked on deck 9 aft so that we would be closer to the food end of the ship and it does not appear to be any view obstruction except for the round window itself.  Thanks for any responses in advance

Edited by cruiser61262

47 minutes ago, cruiser61262 said:

Thanks!!!! I feel better about our decision!!

I'm also on the Apex in one of these. It dropped in price substantially over the IV that I switched. Hope I made the right decision.