Which massage?

yvrbos

Greetings all!

I have been looking at the massages that are offered and I have no idea what the difference is between all of these types. Does anyone know? Which massage have you enjoyed the most?

Thank you all!

Unless you are absolutely set on getting a massage, I would recommend skipping it and spending roughly the same amount of money on a couple day pass to the relaxation areas. The massages are just not very good IMO. As far as types of massage, there is a description listed under each service. The types they offer are pretty standard.

Deep tissue is probably too much for a first timer. It (should be) pretty intense. Swedish is a pretty light typical massage. I would skip the bamboo, hot stone, salt, etc. type stuff. I don't need to pay $200 for someone to rub a piece of salt all over my body but that's just me 🤔 

• Like 1

I get a deep tissue once a month... my issue is finding someone on board who can do a GOOD deep tissue massage. 

What are your goals for your massage? Do you want to relax and possibly fall asleep... do you have areas that get really tight/sore from travel or sleeping in a different bed? What's your pain tolerance? How tight are your muscles in general... do you stretch regularly? Swedish is a good first choice as it's an all over gentle massage. 

The next question is usually... what do I wear? Personally, the best thing to wear is nothing at all. You will never be exposed. If the therapist doesn't tell you, get under the heated blanket and lay on your back with your arms under the blanket. ALWAYS speak up if anything is uncomfortable or causes pain. I have two areas that are especially ticklish that I ask her to avoid. If you want her to concentrate on your back or your neck/head, say so. It's YOUR massage so speak up!

Thank you for all your wise tips. I definitely do not want to be feeling it during my cruise. I will definitely speak up if the massage is too intense. I am wondering about that hot stone massage. I had a hot stone massage with my feet and I wasn’t impressed. What do they do with the hot stones?