Move Up / Guaranteed Cabin

JanineM

Apologies if these questions have been asked before. I searched the forums and couldn't find any similar questions.

We have a Guarantee Suite for a cruise in about 6 weeks.

• Is there a chance our suite will change? There are plenty of higher-level suites available on the ship.
  • The lowest acceptable move up offers are ridiculous. Will they drop closer to sail date?

Thanks in advance!

Yes. Your suite will change.   A guarantee Suite Guarantees you a Suite (usually the lowest level and least desirable suite).   I would only bid for CS and above.    I had a AQ Guarantee and won a RS and was delighted.

Hi. We booked a guarantee sky suite on Constellation last February for a European cruise in September.  We were almost immediately assigned a handicap accessible suite, and it didn’t change. No other rooms in that category ever became available. That said, our suite experience was fabulous. We especially loved Luminae. As suite guests we got impeccable service wherever we went on the ship. I rThink it’s unlikely you room will change unless you make it happen. Before you bid on an upgrade you may want to call your TA to see what it would cost to change or upgrade your suite. Whatever you decide, I’m sure you will love the Suite experience!

8 minutes ago, tinaclose said:

Hi. We booked a guarantee sky suite on Constellation last February for a European cruise in September.  We were almost immediately assigned a handicap accessible suite, and it didn’t change. No other rooms in that category ever became available. That said, our suite experience was fabulous. We especially loved Luminae. As suite guests we got impeccable service wherever we went on the ship. I rThink it’s unlikely you room will change unless you make it happen. Before you bid on an upgrade you may want to call your TA to see what it would cost to change or upgrade your suite. Whatever you decide, I’m sure you will love the Suite experience!

Once assigned your cabin will not change.  As already said if you bid on a MoveUp upgrade you will get likely a cabin in a less desirable location.