Easter on the Enchantment

Well we just realized our Enchantment sailing is over Easter weekend.  We saw it was doing a 7nt to Coco Cay a while back so picked that sailing not thinking to check when Easter is this year, sorry kids mom and dad wont be here this year, lol.  At least our kids are teen boys and haven't hunted eggs, etc. in a long time but maybe the Easter Bunny will have to reappear and leave them each a basket of goodies for ditching them.  So now on to Easter onboard will there be any celebrations?  Special menu or anything?  

On 2/20/2020 at 3:01 PM, thjeepster said:

We went on Allure for Easter and they did nothing special.  I think for dinner it was Ham or Turkey but nothing special.

I've only seen special things for X-mas time and Halloween.

Thanks for the information.

I can’t remember which ship it was but we boarded on Easter once.  There was a display of eggs, cake and other goodies in the windjammer but that was it.  You could do your own egg hunt in your cabin with plastic eggs for little ones or fix a basket/ bag prior to boarding.  

We were on Enchantment for Easter 2017. I don't remember much, if anything, different, except for a display of carved fruit and colored eggs outside the Windjammer. We cruised over Easter a few years, so they're all rather jumbled up in my mind, but photos don't reveal anything special.

IMG_1907.jpg

We have been onboard a ship 2 of the last 3 easter weekends.  

A few years ago on Liberty - we boarded on Easter.   Decadent chocolate eggs I’m pretty wrappers were given out at dinner.  (We ate at chops so I’m not sure what the menu was in MDR but they had the eggs too)

last year on Symphony we debarked on Easter Saturday.  On Friday - sea day - they had an Easter bunny and kids games on the boardwalk. 

We sailed over Easter once.  I do not remember much different onboard.  However, I always tell people to book a ship tour for that day.  I am not sure where you are going in addition to Coco Cay.

We were in Costa Rica on Easter Sunday and booked with the ship to go to the rainforest. [we mostly do independent] The rainforest was a good distance from the ship and we felt more comfortable with that. 

Easter is a very important religious holiday in many Caribbean countries.  Many people take off all or part of Holy week for family time.  The beaches were packed with local families all week and on Easter Sunday almost everything was closed.  The bus to pick us up was almost 2 hrs late picking us up for the tour. But, we still got to do the full tour.  We were able to get back in time for sailaway.  People on independent tours told us their operators cut the tours short to make sure they could get back.   The traffic was terrible. [think Sunday afternoon of Thanksgiving weekend on I-95 bad]  

More great information, thanks!  I just looked and Easter Sunday will be a sea day so thats good.  

It will be just the two of us.  We wanted this specific itinerary and didn't realized it was over Easter until several weeks after we booked so our teen boys will be at home.  We have a lot of family close by so they will celebrate with the grandparents and cousins and I will probably leave them a little present.