Does Norwegian do anything for Thanksgiving?

Named-Tawny

Sometimes they will have a "theme" day in the Buffet to acknowledge different holidays in various countries and will possibly have a traditional menu and decorations.  Beyond that, probably not, although it would somewhat depend on whether or not there are Canadian crew members on board to initiate/coordinate any festivities.

Enjoy your holiday

36 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

So I was just looking at the Calendar, and realised that I'm going to be cruising over Thanksgiving Weekend (we're cruising from October 9-16).

Does anybody know if NCL does thanksgiving dinners aboard, or will it just be business as usual?

I was on The Pearl several years ago, when they did a full Thanksgiving buffet for the Canadian guests.  I believe that there were a large number of guests that cruise from Canada.  It is possible.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, david_sobe said:

Sorry.  I read it too fast 😞

My apologies

Cancel my Thanksgiving dinner

LOL!

Hey, respect to the OP...planning an October vacation in February...very Canadian, haha!  I'm with ya there...already starting to think of our next vacation, and haven't even gone on our March Break cruise yet, lol.  (and this hasn't even been a bad winter...knock wood).

I'll defer to those who know much more than me, but I highly doubt NCL would recognize Canadian Thanksgiving.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, www3traveler said:

I was on The Pearl several years ago, when they did a full Thanksgiving buffet for the Canadian guests.  I believe that there were a large number of guests that cruise from Canada.  It is possible.

Fingers crossed then!

I imagine there will be a good chunk of Canadians aboard - we're doing the Maritimes and New England - we'll actually be in Sydney, NS on Thanksgiving day.  😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GettotheSun said:

LOL!

Hey, respect to the OP...planning an October vacation in February...very Canadian, haha!  I'm with ya there...

Pshaw!  We booked it back in August.  😉  I saw a great deal (including air and $50 deposits) and figured it would be a great plan that we could abandon if my dear partner decided on something else in the interim.  Only realised it was over Thanksgiving recently when I filled in my vacation request at work and saw that I got a bonus day off. 😃

19 minutes ago, Named-Tawny said:

Pshaw!  We booked it back in August.  😉  I saw a great deal (including air and $50 deposits) and figured it would be a great plan that we could abandon if my dear partner decided on something else in the interim.  Only realised it was over Thanksgiving recently when I filled in my vacation request at work and saw that I got a bonus day off. 😃

I'm from Cape Breton, NS, (now living in ON) however, Canadian Thanksgiving may be a bit elusive to NCL. However, I seem to remember a turkey dinner being offered on my cruise in OCT 2017, but not a lot of hoopla. 

Enjoy your cruise.  YAY Canada, eh... ( does any here still use that? )

Cheers

• Like 1