Transportation fom Costa Maya dock to Mahahual

48traveler

Been a long time since I have used these boards so please excuse me if the question has been answered but what do you use to go to Mahahual from the cruise dock ? Taxi, trolley, or walk . We were at the dock years ago but did not go to Mahahual.?  Thanks

Tram from port. First stop Tequila Beach . After that you need a club name so driver can stop close by. Taxi from outside port gate, can take you to whatever club you want. If just going to walk the malecon, ask to go to the Lighthouse or Blue Kay. Neither on tram stop.

You can walk but a bit far if weather is hot.

We took the open air safari type tram to downtown for $4pp. It lets you off one block over from the main street. When ready to go back catch a taxi near same area you were dropped off for about the same cost.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Tram from port. First stop Tequila Beach . After that you need a club name so driver can stop close by. Taxi from outside port gate, can take you to whatever club you want. If just going to walk the malecon, ask to go to the Lighthouse or Blue Kay. Neither on tram stop.

Great info  Thank you  We want to go to the malecon

19 hours ago, JJCas said:

I was in Costa Maya last week.  Taxi from the port (it can be a little confusing getting to the taxis outside the port area) to Tropicante (on the Malecon) was $2 per person each way.  

were you actually charged $2 pp or $8 for a whole taxi? It certainly used to be $2pp, or $4 for a couple but I thought they had started charging per taxi.

Costa May taxi prices seem very variable at the moment and since we are there twice in the next two weeks trying to determine the official rate.

On 2/23/2020 at 7:29 AM, crewsweeper said:

Did you make any new discoveries on the malecon, Crew?

And did you manage to find the official taxi price?

3 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Did you make any new discoveries on the malecon, Crew?

And did you manage to find the official taxi price?

We paid $8 each way for the taxi. 2 people.  But a party we met the night before paid the same for 4.

Outside port area was a zoo due to the strike. 

In many ways the malecon is getting overcrowded with vendor stalls lined up on the beach side as well as store front side.

Your malecon 21 looks nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, JJCas said:

I was in Costa Maya last week.  Taxi from the port (it can be a little confusing getting to the taxis outside the port area) to Tropicante (on the Malecon) was $2 per person each way.  

Thanks for the reply

On 2/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, JJCas said:

Thank you very much