Buenos Aires tour and transfer

marylovestotravel

1 hour ago, MagTravel said:

Makes for a long day but cheaper than day rate at hotel with taxi fares.

Our airbnb apt in Recoleta was $32/day. And amazing dinner with wine and dessert was $30. So we paid for an additional night so we could head there in the evening. Just saying.

Just looked at CC for the first time since getting back home... sorry for the late reply and feedback PaulChili.

Anyhow, returned back from Iguassu on LATAM to Jorge Newberry... once again a super easy process. I did not see any disorder or chaos. Once picking up luggage and heading out, the signage was very clear (in English) which way the shuttles were, where the taxis were, etc. It was clear that the taxis were set up with a kiosk system... enter the kiosk area, and (in English) type in where you wish to go, it spits out a receipt with a quote so there' no fuss or negotiating involved. Take the receipt outside to the taxi dispatcher and off you go... you pay what's on the receipt, regardless of traffic, delays, etc. A fabulous system I have never seen before. 

EZE on my way home was once again a breeze. I left downtown BA (Intercontinental) at the tail end of rush hour at exactly 6pm with a radio taxi... quoted flat rate 1230 peso = approx $20US... yes, not a typo... $20 US dollars compared to some of the garbage inflated "private transfer" rates on viator, etc. We hit some full stop bumper-bumper traffic for about 15 minutes, however it cleared and we went through rather quickly arriving at EZE approx 6:50pm.

Checking in, going through security, etc... I was sitting in the lounge at 7:20pm. 

As my cruise pal delee said on the previous page, a better experience than MIA and a couple of other airports in the US.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoopster95 said:

Just looked at CC for the first time since getting back home... sorry for the late reply and feedback PaulChili.

Anyhow, returned back from Iguassu on LATAM to Jorge Newberry... once again a super easy process. I did not see any disorder or chaos. Once picking up luggage and heading out, the signage was very clear (in English) which way the shuttles were, where the taxis were, etc. It was clear that the taxis were set up with a kiosk system... enter the kiosk area, and (in English) type in where you wish to go, it spits out a receipt with a quote so there' no fuss or negotiating involved. Take the receipt outside to the taxi dispatcher and off you go... you pay what's on the receipt, regardless of traffic, delays, etc. A fabulous system I have never seen before. 

EZE on my way home was once again a breeze. I left downtown BA (Intercontinental) at the tail end of rush hour at exactly 6pm with a radio taxi... quoted flat rate 1230 peso = approx $20US... yes, not a typo... $20 US dollars compared to some of the garbage inflated "private transfer" rates on viator, etc. We hit some full stop bumper-bumper traffic for about 15 minutes, however it cleared and we went through rather quickly arriving at EZE approx 6:50pm.

Checking in, going through security, etc... I was sitting in the lounge at 7:20pm. 

As my cruise pal delee said on the previous page, a better experience than MIA and a couple of other airports in the US.

This almost wants me to go back to BA to see all these changes - efficient, clean airports, set rates on taxis, etc 😃

On 2/23/2020 at 12:55 PM, clo said:

As I said, I'm so sorry you had that experience. Ours was 180 degrees from that and we look forward to returning.

We had the same experience as you did. We've been to BA three times and and loved it. We have always stayed there 3 - 4 days pre/post cruise. We will return also.

No problems with taxis. No problem with crime but we remain observant of our surroundings and never ever flash our nice jewelry. We do the same in any city.

Business class on Copa was nice and they have excellent lounges in BA and Panama City.

Edited by Rob the Cruiser