Buenos Aires tour and transfer

marylovestotravel

26 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

What about the airport terminal which I believe most people were referring to as being a mess.

It used to be a real mess in the past but I believe clo mentioned that it is new and working well now?

That was Rio that Mura had mentioned. I'm going to say that I don't particularly remember the BA airport. Maybe it wasn't that bad.

6 hours ago, Paulchili said:

What about the airport terminal which I believe most people were referring to as being a mess.

It used to be a real mess in the past but I believe clo mentioned that it is new and working well now?

She said Rio....Buenos Aires  is a different animal

On 2/23/2020 at 4:10 PM, Queen of DaNile said:

We've been to BA twice and thankfully never saw/experienced the horrors Dan did. Had maitre'd call cabs for us from a few late night dinners but also walked peacefully back to the hotel from another. Did put my feet up and had my shoes taken off but that was for a great pedicure. Seriously, you need to be careful everywhere but just be sensible.

Have a wonderful trip Mia and enjoy Buenos Aires!!!

Thanks!🤗🤗

Mia

15 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

We were. Just there in January. Forget the shops. Very little for food purchases.  Limited seats at the gate area.  You have to wait until they put your gate number up on the board.  Duty free shop is in US dollars. They do not take pesos.  Bathrooms were clean.

There are times and places that require flying business class and having a club to escape into for drinks and meals.for a 3 hour wait, not to mention a shower prior to a long flight.     Buenos Aires  one of those places

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

There are times and places that require flying business class and having a club to escape into for drinks and meals.for a 3 hour wait, not to mention a shower prior to a long flight.     Buenos Aires  one of those places

We used points and $$$ to waitlist for Polaris J. Last minute it cleared so no time for lounge but had a glass of wine in a bar right by our gate. Those seats were the best I've ever had.

• Like 1

On 2/24/2020 at 2:27 PM, Paulchili said:

Hey Paul, Apologize for the late reply...  busy enjoying Iguassu! 

Because I refused to book with Areolineas Argentina or any other low cost provider, I booked with LATAM and flew to Iguassu out of EZE. Easy check in, great flight... and if

you book their “premium” seats for a whopping $20 more, you get to check in two 23kg bags vs. One 15kg bag in economy As is the rule on Areolineas... very handy when shopping in Buenos Aires and the excellent exchange rate. Who travels international with 15kg bags???

So bottom line EZE was super easy I thought. Modern airport, Easy check-in, easy finding the gate, fast getting through security, just easy. I fly back to the regional airport Jorge Newberry tomorrow so I can let you know how that goes.
I fly home once again Out of EZE Thursday night so hope the experience is just as good

044A3D08-0C78-43D2-9DDE-6CF0575FAA2A.jpeg

Edited by Hoopster95
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Hey Paul, Apologize for the late reply...  busy enjoying Iguassu! 

Because I refused to book with Areolineas Argentina or any other low cost provider, I booked with LATAM and flew to Iguassu out of EZE. Easy check in, great flight... and if

you book their “premium” seats for a whopping $20 more, you get to check in two 23kg bags vs. One 15kg bag in economy As is the rule on Areolineas... very handy when shopping in Buenos Aires and the excellent exchange rate. Who travels international with 15kg bags???

So bottom line EZE was super easy I thought. Modern airport, Easy check-in, easy finding the gate, fast getting through security, just easy. I fly back to the regional airport Jorge Newberry tomorrow so I can let you know how that goes.
I fly home once again Out of EZE Thursday night so hope the experience is just as good

044A3D08-0C78-43D2-9DDE-6CF0575FAA2A.jpeg

Thanks for the helpful information. We're looking forward to our cruise and to Buenos Aires, though will admit that new airport layouts make me nervous. (Let's face it, it's done differently everywhere in the world and if you come  expecting to check in for an international flight 3 hrs + early, and no one is there...)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marylovestotravel said:

f you come  expecting to check in for an international flight 3 hrs + early, and no one is there...)

I don't know where you've flown out of but my experiences is that the check in generally starts at three hours out. So don't gt there before.

43 minutes ago, clo said:

I don't know where you've flown out of but my experiences is that the check in generally starts at three hours out. So don't gt there before.

But at Buenos Aires the lineup for check in starts earlier than 3 hours before.  We were glad we were travelling premium economy so that we did not have to stand in that king lineup. Immigration was a breeze and the fact that they have a machine which tells you which counter to go to is more efficient than any American or Canadian airport that I have been to recently 

12 hours ago, no fuss travel said:

But at Buenos Aires the lineup for check in starts earlier than 3 hours before.  We were glad we were travelling premium economy so that we did not have to stand in that king lineup. Immigration was a breeze and the fact that they have a machine which tells you which counter to go to is more efficient than any American or Canadian airport that I have been to recently 

Thanks, it's nice to get some helpful advice. I'm afraid as I get older, I like to know what to expect. And also when you've been on a tour (local or otherwise), the tour agencies like to get you to the airport early. Sometimes much too early but you don't have a choice!

Mia 

33 minutes ago, marylovestotravel said:

Thanks, it's nice to get some helpful advice. I'm afraid as I get older, I like to know what to expect. And also when you've been on a tour (local or otherwise), the tour agencies like to get you to the airport early. Sometimes much too early but you don't have a choice!

Mia 

From experience   everyone seems to want to drop you off around 4 pm, so they can beat traffic/problems for them returning.  I would expect a looong wait to check in with North american  bound flights  (AA, UA, DA)

Just went through EZE on Monday evening.  Now, it was a national holiday in Argentina, but it appeared that many flights were full with two cruise ships disembarking. 

The airport was safe, clean, and easy to navigate.  The most amount of time that I spent waiting in one place was at the immigration window - but that was an immigration officer telling jokes and asking about our vacation/giving suggestions for our next visit.  I would add EZE to my list of easiest, most pleasant airport experiences ever.  MIA on the other hand...

The only place that had a problem was the AA/Iberia lounge.  It was so crowded that they ran out of seats. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, delee78 said:

The only place that had a problem was the AA/Iberia lounge.  It was so crowded that they ran out of seats. 

It seems lounges are getting more and more like that. We're Priority Pass members and I read that they're frequently not admitted to airline lounges due to over crowding.

18 hours ago, clo said:

It seems lounges are getting more and more like that. We're Priority Pass members and I read that they're frequently not admitted to airline lounges due to over crowding.

I’ve recently read that some of the Lounges are now limiting partner airline passengers to a maximum of a 3 hour stay. No more taking up board in the Lounges on those long layovers.

Now with both the Red Carpet and Admirals Club you have to show a same day ticket on their respective airlines. I belonged to the Admiral Club for years. On longer layovers in Chicago, I would always go there instead of the Swiss Air Lounge in the International Terminal where my ticket may have given me access. Can’t do that anymore if not flying AA!

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

I’ve recently read that some of the Lounges are now limiting partner airline passengers to a maximum of a 3 hour stay. No more taking up board in the Lounges on those long layovers.

Now with both the Red Carpet and Admirals Club you have to show a same day ticket on their respective airlines. I belonged to the Admiral Club for years. On longer layovers in Chicago, I would always go there instead of the Swiss Air Lounge in the International Terminal where my ticket may have given me access. Can’t do that anymore if not flying AA!

Yep. I sometimes read The Points Guy though we don't 'play the game' and this is brought up regularly. In addition to Priority Pass we also have a United Club card as they and the Star Alliance partners are the lines we mostly fly.

2 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Why would you want to go the the Admiral's Club in Chicago anyway - it's a ZOO. Swiss lounge has to be better and less crowded.

29 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Why would you want to go the the Admiral's Club in Chicago anyway - it's a ZOO. Swiss lounge has to be better and less crowded.

29 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Paul;

There is one down the corridor from where you catch the shuttle to the International Terminal. It’s rarely as crowded as the other Lounges. The food in the Swiss Air Lounge is horrible and the drink selection is poor. Same as the one at JFK.

I’ll be in their Zurich Lounge in July after an Uniworld Cruise. Will see if the mother ship is any better than the others.

I get the Priority Pass like Clo. Mine is a perk of my Hilton Amex. When they are available, (iffy in the US, usually in the international terminal) they tend to be better than what I've experienced in the Delta or AA clubs. I love the pour your own drinks setup, usually top shelf stuff. Also nowhere near as crowded at the main lines. 

If you go to Buenos Aires in January, you will find that there is far less traffic.  That is break time for the schools and most locals take their holidays that month.  All the universities and a fair number of government offices had reduced services as their employees were away.  Our guides were telling us it is their favourite time to do tours as there is plenty of time to view the sites.  There was not one spot we visited that we had longer than a 15 minute wait, and that was to see Eva Peron grave.  The rest of the cemetery was not crowded at all. The traffic to and from EZE was light so we did not have to leave as early to get there and our travel from the airport to our hotel was much shorter than we expected.

Just off Marina this week.  We booked full day Oceania tour of BA and transfer to EZE for late night flight.  We enjoyed the tour and the comfortable bus but still had a long wait at the airport for check in.  If you are flying Delta be aware you are in the old terminal with very limited facilities.  You may check in 3 hours pre flight, go through securty , go upstairs for boarding where there are bars, food and comfy seating.  Makes for a long day but cheaper than day rate at hotel with taxi fares.