Ovation of the seas balcony question

Bss74

I currently have an ocean view balcony room on deck 13  (cabin 13572) for my Alaskan Cruise in July on Ovation of the Seas. We are planning on spending a significant amount of time on our balcony to enjoy the scenery and to be more secluded from the crowds that will be on the open decks. I just read that most of the balconies on deck 13 have poles/posts that connect to the bridge and ultimately end up obstructing views. Does anyone have any experience with this? I am considering changing decks and would like to hear from others that have had a balcony on deck 13 and if they felt these beams/poles/posts were truly an obstruction or could be could be an obstruction if on an Alaskan cruise where you really want to experience all that nature has to offer. 

Those support poles on Quantum class ships are only in the middle sections on deck 13 before and after the hump where the balconies are inward and there is an overhang of deck 14. The jump out section forward and aft doesn't have these are these balconies go completely out to the edge of the deck above them 

I would go with a aft jump section balcony as this is under the Windjammer Marketplace and not the pools and solarium areas. We had deck 13 connecting balcony cabins there on our last Anthem cruise with our two GDs. These balconies were great and we really enjoyed them.

Below is a shot of the forward jump section I took on our bridge tour. The rear jump section is similar.

P4120278.JPG

Edited by robtulipe