Seaside YC - Internet Included??

jules815

We're sailing on Seaside in April.  I know that internet isn't included now, but supposed to be included for sailings beginning in May.  

After I made my final payment back in January, I actually read the fine print about what's included in our Yacht Club "Experience."  (page 5 of our email confirmation)

It says Premium Internet Package, up to 4GB, (depending on the length of your cruise.)  After reading that I called and spoke to a rep, who assured me that internet was included for us.  I know that speaking to a rep unfortunately doesn't mean anything with MSC, as you tend to get a different answer depending on who you speak to.  I canceled the package I purchased online.  Now I'm wondering if the depending on the length of your cruise is going to determine whether we get it or not.  

Anyone know??  If it's 4GB complimentary, we won't bring all of our devices.  If it isn't, we'll purchase the 4 device package and bring laptop/iPad.  Prefer not to lug everything, but unfortunately I do have to check work email on vacation, and I prefer to do that on my Ipad.  

Edited by jules815

2 hours ago, jules815 said:

We're sailing on Seaside in April.  I know that internet isn't included now, but supposed to be included for sailings beginning in May.  

After I made my final payment back in January, I actually read the fine print about what's included in our Yacht Club "Experience."  (page 5 of our email confirmation)

It says Premium Internet Package, up to 4GB, (depending on the length of your cruise.)  After reading that I called and spoke to a rep, who assured me that internet was included for us.  I know that speaking to a rep unfortunately doesn't mean anything with MSC, as you tend to get a different answer depending on who you speak to.  I canceled the package I purchased online.  Now I'm wondering if the depending on the length of your cruise is going to determine whether we get it or not.  

Anyone know??  If it's 4GB complimentary, we won't bring all of our devices.  If it isn't, we'll purchase the 4 device package and bring laptop/iPad.  Prefer not to lug everything, but unfortunately I do have to check work email on vacation, and I prefer to do that on my Ipad.  

7DFC5149-2576-46F0-89AB-AB03BC7CEB6D.png

Checking website too shows it with no mention of date.  If listed, we should get it on trip coming up.

But they also show pictures of butlers bringing towels to you when you get out of TSL pool.  Never had that but maybe have to be a nice looking Young Lady as shown in the pictures.

Definately not an expert here, but I THINK that the "up to 4GB (depending on the length of the cruise)" just refers to the amount of data that will be included is dependent on the lenght of the cruise so longer cruises would get more data up to the max of 4GB.

FWIW

15 hours ago, jules815 said:

Thanks everyone.  Looks like we'll be purchasing internet.  

We pre-purchased the 4 GB plan before sailing and it was plenty for me to post pics and videos on FB and instagram... Make sure you turn it off between used.