Princess Grill Dining and Tables for 2

resordanis

1 hour ago, resordanis said:

Thanks all for the information.

We unfortunately can’t share.   Y husband has a major hearing problem which makes seating at large tables almost impossible. Hopefully we will get a table for 2

I'm sure you will get a table for two without any trouble. But it may be quite close to another such, so your husband should be prepared for some chitchat. Mine has a similar difficulty, but it's nice that people tend to be friendly.

In 2018 on QE we had number  200  a table for 2, in the Princess Grill. I commented to the waiter about it having rounded corners, and was it was a permanent table for two, the ones with square corners for two can be linked to make larger tables as required. 

We have always received a table for 2 on Cunard, but they are often in a row of 2 or 3,  with a small gap between them so you can converse with your next door  table if you so wish.

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

By sharing tables I was talking about tables for people who don't know each other to share, which is what the OP was asking about. Of course there will be tables for family  groups and friends of 4 , 6 or more to share, these will always be accommodated never mind how big

But if you are a couple who want to share with others, there are no tables for example for 6 , just the two big tables for 8, this is where you will be put first only if more than 16 people want to share will they create more sharing tables. One of these tables for 8 is not that nice, it's a gamble. 

As has been said, the table sizes are dictated by table size requests.

As a general rule, in QG [I don't know anything about PG]  there are usually three large tables, two of which can  sit six or eight, depending on the demand. I can imagine the large table by the entrance could, at a pinch, seat eleven as we have been seated there comfortably, as a table for ten. Unless bookings are linked or passengers happen to have met before, we have all been strangers at the start of the holiday.

However, if there is more demand for smaller tables, then the restaurant set up is flexible and the entrance large table and the alcove one are the two which remain if needed.

That has been our experience.

Edited by Victoria2