20th cruise question

golfguyhhi

28 minutes ago, ruthnlarry said:

Yes, I have checked the airfare.  Nonstop flights to Auckland are expensive, and limited.

We've been using the itasoftware site for a very long time, and have found it to be helpful.

yes a good site  to watch for   prices

Since your  cruise is almost a year away  I would keep checking  once the  flights come out   &  watch for seat sales

you can always cancel the O air   😉

13 hours ago, ruthnlarry said:

Yes, I have checked the airfare.  Nonstop flights to Auckland are expensive, and limited.

We've been using the itasoftware site for a very long time, and have found it to be helpful.

Based on your profile, I assume you live in Chicago.

Unfortunately there is only one Airline (Air New Zealand) that flies directly between Chicago and Auckland - so the laws of supply and demand keep prices high.

Air NZ do have a web-site that offers special deals on a limited number of seats for various date ranges.  

https://www.grabaseat.co.nz

• Although there are typically more seats available for Economy tickets - there are often some good deals on Business and Premium Economy fares as well.
  • If you see a good deal, jump on it quickly as any great deals are snapped up very quickly 

• 1 year later...

With our bookings through Sept of 2023 we will be at 17 O Club points. From what I've read above and as we live in Florida, we'd probably be best booking a cruise way in advance and one that at least begins and/or ends in Miami. Maybe a 16 day cruise to or back through the Panama Canal. As a DIY points warrior that would require no more than one flight for us, and easy to book.  

A question - as a Gold member we get free gratuities and 400 OBC. As a shareholder we get a credit too. I assume the 400 will not be due us but the NCLH stock credit would?

13 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

With our bookings through Sept of 2023 we will be at 17 O Club points. From what I've read above and as we live in Florida, we'd probably be best booking a cruise way in advance and one that at least begins and/or ends in Miami. Maybe a 16 day cruise to or back through the Panama Canal. As a DIY points warrior that would require no more than one flight for us, and easy to book.  

A question - as a Gold member we get free gratuities and 400 OBC. As a shareholder we get a credit too. I assume the 400 will not be due us but the NCLH stock credit would?

From what I've read, you will get free gratuities and the $400 OBC on your free cruise.  Don't know about the stock credit.

"Guests are required to notify Reservations when requesting the FREE CRUISE. The awarded FREE CRUISE must be taken on the guest’s milestone cruise and is Cruise-Only, based on double occupancy, subject to availability at the time of booking, is not combinable with public promotions, excludes government taxes and fees and cannot exceed 14 days in length. The FREE CRUISE must be approved and will be placed as a guarantee until stateroom category has been assigned, upon authorization from the Oceania Club. The FREE CRUISE cannot be applied to any of the Around the World Voyages. For cruises over 14 days in length, the cruise cost will be prorated for the additional days. Stateroom category will reflect the accommodations most closely matching the typical category selected by the guests on prior voyages. Reservations for the FREE CRUISE may only be made 180 days or more prior to sail date. Other restrictions may apply. "

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/promotion-terms/

22 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

You get your O Club perks even on the Platinum cruise. 
More than a 14 day cruise will have a prorated price to you for the extra days and, since it’s “cruise only” no air tix/credit. 

2 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You get your O Club perks even on the Platinum cruise. 
More than a 14 day cruise will have a prorated price to you for the extra days and, since it’s “cruise only” no air tix/credit. 

Very good to know. So while we won't get the OLife benes like free wine package or excursions, we will get  our O Club discounts on excursion and wine packages, etc.

Thank you

We have 4 upcoming:

Sirena 28 days starting May 6 in Istanbul

Marina 31 days starting Dec 18 in Miami

Vista 12 days starting May 30 (2023)  in Venice

Vista 18 days starting August 30 in Southampton

Kate: Dover Sole

Me: Miso Glazed Sea Bass forever

YUM

When I submitted my already-booked cruise to the O Club to claim it as my 20th, I was told I had to do so at the 90-day mark.  I booked the category cabin that I knew I qualified for, having confirmed it with the O Club in advance, so my reservation was never a “guarantee” status.  The O Club perks do not show on the invoice immediately, but the free cruise information I received from the O Club did say they will appear on the invoice about 10 days or so prior to sailing.  I still have about 20 days before that date, so I’ll be requesting a new invoice then.

1 hour ago, 2552phxcrzr said:

When I submitted my already-booked cruise to the O Club to claim it as my 20th, I was told I had to do so at the 90-day mark.  I booked the category cabin that I knew I qualified for, having confirmed it with the O Club in advance, so my reservation was never a “guarantee” status.  The O Club perks do not show on the invoice immediately, but the free cruise information I received from the O Club did say they will appear on the invoice about 10 days or so prior to sailing.  I still have about 20 days before that date, so I’ll be requesting a new invoice then.

You probably won’t get a new invoice. But, you have a letter saying you’ll get the perks. Bring it with you. “Paper covers rock.”

5 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

You probably won’t get a new invoice. But, you have a letter saying you’ll get the perks. Bring it with you. “Paper covers rock.”

Absolutely ... but I'll ask for a new invoice anyway.  Has never been a problem to ask for an updated invoice before.

So I wonder how Oceania would treat it if you booked one of their new fabulous Grand Voyages of around 60 days, for which you would get 5 credits. If you took this while at Gold Level you would sail right past your 20th cruise credit. Postpone your freebie? Prorate 14 days of the Grand Voyage. How about the OLife offers attendant to the cruise?

10 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

So I wonder how Oceania would treat it if you booked one of their new fabulous Grand Voyages of around 60 days, for which you would get 5 credits. If you took this while at Gold Level you would sail right past your 20th cruise credit. Postpone your freebie? Prorate 14 days of the Grand Voyage. How about the OLife offers attendant to the cruise?

Happens all the time with those on the World cruise, or large segments of it. There are special exceptions for these situations. Just another reason to have an experienced TA that knows how to navigate these things to your best advantage. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

We presently have 18 cruise credits (gold)

We have a 46 day cruise scheduled for this July. That will be cruise credits number 19, 20, 21 and 22 so it will include the 20th "milestone cruise'" The cruise was booked without air and OLife,  ("cruise only") in our usual grade of cabin. We applied two FCC's that we had. In addition, our very good TA knew this cruise would include the "20th cruise." Two weeks ago she requested the "20th cruise" credit from Oceania per our instructions. Within a week we were given a figure reflecting this credit and it was applied to our outstanding balance. Yesterday, we paid the balance. In addition, Oceania advised "Oceania Club amenities will be applicable and will be added to the booking approximately ten (10) days prior to sailing."

As Orv says, it pays to have an experienced TA that knows how to navigate these things to your best advantage. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RetiredLifer said:

We presently have 18 cruise credits (gold)

We have a 46 day cruise scheduled for this July. That will be cruise credits number 19, 20, 21 and 22 so it will include the 20th "milestone cruise'" The cruise was booked without air and OLife,  ("cruise only") in our usual grade of cabin. We applied two FCC's that we had. In addition, our very good TA knew this cruise would include the "20th cruise." Two weeks ago she requested the "20th cruise" credit from Oceania per our instructions. Within a week we were given a figure reflecting this credit and it was applied to our outstanding balance. Yesterday, we paid the balance. In addition, Oceania advised "Oceania Club amenities will be applicable and will be added to the booking approximately ten (10) days prior to sailing."

As Orv says, it pays to have an experienced TA that knows how to navigate these things to your best advantage. 

Thank you for that info.  I am planning for a long cruise which will include our becoming Platinum.

Query: Should we then call that pesky gray hair "platinum?"  

We always take OLife with an air credit, choosing the basic drinks package as key extra benefit. We upgrade that package, and usually do the unlimited excursions. Basically make an all inclusive cruise. I understand we will get our Club level benefits of OBC, gratuities and basic internet. I am wondering if they will proportion our air credit and drinks package for the 2/3rds, 3/4ths or whatever we would then be paying for. 

4 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

Thank you for that info.  I am planning for a long cruise which will include our becoming Platinum.

Query: Should we then call that pesky gray hair "platinum?"  

We always take OLife with an air credit, choosing the basic drinks package as key extra benefit. We upgrade that package, and usually do the unlimited excursions. Basically make an all inclusive cruise. I understand we will get our Club level benefits of OBC, gratuities and basic internet. I am wondering if they will proportion our air credit and drinks package for the 2/3rds, 3/4ths or whatever we would then be paying for. 

If it’s more than a 14 day cruise in your usual cabin class (“cruise” only fare basis but with O Club perks), your portion of the fare is prorated. You’ll need to have a discussion with O Club folks about possibility of prorated O Life options.

As long as this Ukrainian  issue is going on and probably longer, I would not expect any cruise line will be including port calls in St. Petersburg. You may see some info from the State Department blocking any Russian travel being published soon. Well beyond Do Not Travel recommendations. 

When we did a Baltic trip, I felt the three days in St. Petersburg were the highlight of the cruise and without that stop, it was just another cruise.  IMHO, I would not be looking at those cruises for awhile because Latvia and Estonia and Lithuania and  Poland could be the next Putin target as he tries to recreate the USSR.  I do not mean this as a  political statement but one of concern for the Baltic region and cruising in general there. 
JMO, NO 💰💵 for Putin or Russia, speak with our check books 🤬

Ciao,

Mauibabes

We have sat in many O Club cocktail receptions, champagne glass in hand. Happy to get our Blue pins. Feeling better getting Bronzed. Counting our blessings wearing Silver, not just fighting it in our hair. And soon looking forward to going Gold. But never realized that those getting their Platinum pins were most likely on their "free cruise."  No wonder there was just a bit more meaning in their smiles!

• Like 1

We collected our 20th credit on a 20 day Riviera cruise October 16.  I think the ultimate credit toward the longer cruise cost was over $13,000 so that was pretty fantastic. We coupled the trip with a 26 day Med/TA for 46 days. It was actually 4 shorter trips rolled together for us. At 20 we got invites to 2 O Club parties per segment so we consumed  plenty of O Champagne.

We never expected to reach 20 cruises in our lives much less 20 on Oceania but we have been blessed. Many B2B trips with friends made this happen  🙏. Enjoy your 20th and keep smiling. 
Ciao,

Mauibabes

• Like 3

If you run the numbers, Oceania's is a very generous program. Add in your blended OBC from your 20 cruises plus your $13K the average reward is over $1,000 per cruise. Figure in your OLife rewards and that probably triples.  Plus you have your aggregate 200-400 wonderful days onboard!