Reservation help!

Cruisetheshark

Hello! I will be sailing on the Encore for March 8th. I'm a first time cruiser on NCL. Can anyone tell me whether it will be difficult to get entertainment and dining reservations on the ship? On the NCL app, Kinky Boots and the Cagney's restraunt both say reservations unavailable. Should I just assume I won't be doing those? 

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Cruisetheshark said:

Hello! I will be sailing on the Encore for March 8th. I'm a first time cruiser on NCL. Can anyone tell me whether it will be difficult to get entertainment and dining reservations on the ship? On the NCL app, Kinky Boots and the Cagney's restraunt both say reservations unavailable. Should I just assume I won't be doing those? 

Thanks!

Yes. Reservations opened on October 30, 2019. You have waited too long and they are sold out for pre-cruise. 

As soon as you embark, head to The Social (Deck 6 mid-ship) and make your entertainment reservations. There will be reservation reminders at the door (see example below). Check the shows and time you want. Proceed to the agent who will book the reservations for you. 

You can also book an escape room and Canvas by U painting (extra charge). 

Then head across the hall to Teppanyaki where you will make dining reservations around the shows you just booked. Prime time dining reservations will sell out quickly (and sometimes all times will be sold out by 1 pm), so you need to make your show and dining reservations as soon as you embark. 

64A15979-D629-48E5-929B-C6C4AC88F620.jpeg

A8978479-9D7C-49A3-BBAF-78C276210BF0.jpeg

Also have a back up plan - alternatives - be flexible - go directly to that booking reservation right away on boarding.

About a 1/3 to a half of the dining show and reservations times WERE available pre-cruise - the rest are available

upon boarding and token few are allotted to the Concierge for Haven Suite guests.

If you are able to book anything acceptable at all book it and keep checking back for maybe a better time/cancellation.

Restaurant dining check with that restaurant a day or two in advance of your reservation times for any help.

Note the previous post by BirdTravels and the last block of the Entertainment Reservation about reservations being

released 10 minutes before show time.

2 hours ago, gizfish said:

You can also download the NCL app.  You will be able to make reservations using the app probably while you are waiting to board and definitely once you are on board.  Also, the TV can be used to make reservations.

The critical point made here is to get on board as soon as possible and head to the Dining Reservation Deck*#* and get

those reservations made - not all ships have the TV reservation system and it is darn slow manipulating the matrix to

book something (at least the first time you do it)  - same goes for the NCL dining APT.

*#* There maybe and usually is an alternate location for dining reservations where several crew members with laptop

computers are available to book those reservations rather than wait in a forever line in the Atrium. Find that location.

HINT: if you can't book exactly what you need - book ANYTHING around it to barter and exchange later and as I have

posted earlier visit the restaurant in question and discuss any alternatives. While the NCL reservation computer will not

allow you to double (overlap) bookings - it not costing you an non-refundable charge on your onboard account book it !

Be proactive to accomplish your dining reservation mission !