TRIP REPORT - Summit Feb 15 - ABCs in Aqua

zdad59

Sea Day and Saying good bye:

I love it when the last day of a cruise is a sea day.    A real chance to relax and even recharge a little before you have to slog your luggage to the airport and head back to the cold.    For us it was a very lazy day.   A couple of the ladies were up early and walked the track.   Some of us slept in and missed breakfast all together.   

The day was relaxed all day.    I had a cappuccino and chocolate chip cookie at Cafe al Bacio.   Some were at the pool deck sunning them selves.   Others recovered from having too good a time the night before.    Even with a full ship it never felt crowded anywhere on board.

Dinner the last night was at Tuscan Grille.   We always eat in a specialty restaurant on our last night as a way to have a last grand gathering of the gang.     The food, all of the food, was very very good.    We ordered several appetizers for whole table ad all was excellent.   Several folks had the filet mignon and they were all pleased.    I had the rib eye and it was nicely done.    The pasta dishes were quite tasty.     All in all, Tuscan Grille was a great choice.     Lots of variety for all tastes and everything prepared well.

Bags had to be in the hallway by 9pm, which felt a tad early to us.   We did it and were easily ready for the final show in the theater.    A good show made up of Broadway show tunes.    The evening ended with a few words from the Captain himself.    I must say that the Senior staff on the ship were very visible on the ship all week.   A very pleasant surprise.

Leaving the ship on disembarkation day was pretty easy.    We had breakfast around 8am.      Our time to leave (group 21) was 8:20 and we were actually called early.    The only hitch was getting an elevator to the gangway.    We did the slick thing and took one up a couple levels, just so we could take it down.     As we entered the baggage area, the Captain was there to shake everyone's hand thanking them for sailing with Celebrity.  A nice touch.      Grabbing a porter is always the best way through the luggage area.   That was true again this time.    Got our bags right away and then the porters had a separate line thru the Customs check.     He hailed our cab and go us on our way in no time.

SUMMARY:

Our first cruise on Celebrity was a very good one.    We really enjoyed Aqua class but all agreed that unless we got another great deal, we would be fine with a simple balcony room.    Food was good throughout.   Shows were better than expected.    The ABCs were wonderful and we will surely do them again.   Best of all were the people we met on board.   Mark, Jim, "Pittsburgh", the NYC3 boys, and others made a grater cruise even greater.

I'll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.    Hope you enjoyed the report.

• Like 2

Me with the Captain at the Cruise Critic meet and greet.

E5B53CBA-4412-4856-B4DF-FD76EDC58D68.jpeg

Yummy cappuccino and cookies from Cafe al Bacio

5AFA31CD-82B0-437B-AB2D-CA1810B75FB3.jpeg

Throwback photo of one of the boys at lobster night in Blu.   He started with 3 tails !

0853DB08-1552-4ED8-83AC-9DA4E018DB6B.jpeg

The girls favorite officer....Mario.

A2777283-2B91-490C-87D6-FF7849AD379D.jpeg

One last shot of mama and Summit.

CEABEE61-16C2-496F-BC44-E3C08C1FEDF1.jpeg

Edited by zdad59

Thanks for your review.  You did an excellent job.  I'm a frequent Summit cruiser and I love the ship and am looking forward to my next sailing on her.  It appears that your entire group had a great time.

• Like 2

I enjoyed your trip report.  We sailed on Summit to Bermuda last August and loved it. We just got back last week from our annual Aruba vacation for 3 weeks. We saw your ship the day that it was in port. Aruba was a little rainier and windier this year, but all of the rains lasted just a few minutes.  We did the ABC cruise on Equinox a few years ago and it is my favorite Caribbean cruise. We also had Captain Matt. He was so friendly.  I loved the way that he interacted with the guests.

Edited by Hatteras51
  • Like 1

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences. We will be on our first Celebrity cruise in April on the Summit.

Your review was the only one written since we booked. We got a great deal on an Aqua cabin as well so we are looking forward

to the perks as we are losing perks by not traveling on CCL where we're Platinum. It was time for a change.......

• Like 1