Norwegian At Sea days

kohanfam

Is there anything special on Norwegian on At Sea days.
 In particular on other cruise lines they often have formal nights on At Sea days with special menus in MDRs.  So these are nights you want to dine in the MDR and not a specialty restaurant.

Does Norwegian do something similar.  Should we dine in MDR on At Sea days and specialty restaurants on other days?

• Like 1

NCL doesn't have formal nights.  I tend to book specialty restaurants on sea days and MDR on port days.  Because there are no set seating times, I fine MDR easier on the port days when you may not be too sure just how your day is going to go.

Generally, other than increased scheduled activities, especially around the pool, there isn't a whole lot "special" about days at sea.

Usually, there are no special events at the MDR. However, on the Breakaway when I cruised on it before - they have the dancers from the show danced 1-2 times during dinner at a certain time. It was posted on the freestyle newsletter. I do not know if they still do this or not on the Breakaway. There is a day (dress up day) where people do dress up in formal for pictures including the one with the captain and then off to have dinner.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@kohanfam

If you want some copies of the At Sea days of the "Freestyle Daily"s send me an email but it will have to be VERY quickly as we leave home tomorrow morning.

Mike

casofilia @ xtra dot co dot NZ

Mike - thanks for the offer but I can get the daily from other posts.

6 hours ago, poohdreaming said:

Usually, there are no special events at the MDR. However, on the Breakaway when I cruised on it before - they have the dancers from the show danced 1-2 times during dinner at a certain time. It was posted on the freestyle newsletter. I do not know if they still do this or not on the Breakaway. There is a day (dress up day) where people do dress up in formal for pictures including the one with the captain and then off to have dinner.

Breakaway might.

They have it on the Getaway on Jan 20. 

In looking at dailies it does not seem there are any special MDR meals that would drive me to not do specialty dining.  My plan is to book specialty dining on At Sea days and days we leave ports early.  That will cover my 5 free at sea specialty dining meals.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

57 minutes ago, kohanfam said:

In looking at dailies it does not seem there are any special MDR meals that would drive me to not do specialty dining.  My plan is to book specialty dining on At Sea days and days we leave ports early.  That will cover my 5 free at sea specialty dining meals.

Thanks everyone for your inputs.

A very good plan.  That is what we do.  It works well.