Yacht club experience

Nextcruise42

This doesn't compare it to the Mera, but I did a b2b on Divina and Seaside a few weeks ago. Here are my thoughts from a previous post...

Just got off a b2b with Divina and Seaside. It was my first time on Divina and second on Seaside. Definitely prefer Seaside, but both were nice.

Places where Divina was better...topsail. No comparison here...more food and changed more throughout the day. Many butlers...I couldn't get to a chair without a butler offering me a drink. On Seaside many times there was a single butler who was overworked. It was nicer seeing directly outside instead of seeing a deck and then outside.

YC restaurant. Here I mean only the look and feel. Far more elegant.

Non YC bars and entertainment areas. They were also laid out so you could easily walk through them instead of being off to the side.

Sports bar. Lots of free food.

YC Deck has wind barriers so you can actually eat there without everything blowing away.

In almost every other way we felt Seaside was better. Staterooms much larger, bathroom better, larger balcony. Having the wristband option was nice. Food was far superior (even though we greatly enjoyed food on both), grill was larger and way more selections.

Seaside is also a better designed ship. Beautiful, few if any chokepoints (walking to dinner on Divina was hard because you are funneled through the photo shop area unless you walk outside).

And for me personally, having dinner right above topsail was nice as I could run to the cabin, throw on pants, and then back to shorts quickly and easily.

Bottom line, you cant go wrong with either ship, but we preferred Seaside.

Kevin

57 minutes ago, mnpurple said:

Well, guess this is where I finally jump in.  I've been lurking/learning for months.  

We will be on the Divina 3/13 in YC 12002.  I believe I read it wasn't as big as the others on either side, but I assume still pretty nice.  It will be my DH and 15 yo, so we basically wanted two rooms.  My only question is if we'll be forgotten by YC staff being so far away.  I don't want to hijack, but my DH gets motion sick, I'm hoping it won't be too bad in the front like we are - anyone know?

You will love that suite...even though it is the smaller middle one.  You will not be forgotten.  We had one of the best butlers in the MSC fleet...Mevin.  If we needed anything we would simply pick up the phone and call Mevin or the Concierge.  It seemed like we no sooner hung up the phone and there would be a knock at the door!  We loved the fact that our suite was nestled at the front of the ship and not in the main YC area...like a hideaway.  The other cabins around us had no clue that we were YC...and we liked that.  We could come and go with quick access to the rest of the ship.  Getting up to the YC was easy with the elevator bypass card.  We never had the sensation that we were entering the YC like interlopers.  Our Divina experience in the YC was First Class all the way.  Believe me...we have been on some of the greatest ships that ever sailed and the Divina YC was right up there with the best!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

I had Arthur as my main waiter because of my diet and the service he provided was fabulous.

Arthur is very service oriented and friendly.  He is very high energy.  He reminds me of the Energizer Bunny....he just keeps going, going...

4 hours ago, mnpurple said:

Well, guess this is where I finally jump in.  I've been lurking/learning for months.  

We will be on the Divina 3/13 in YC 12002.  I believe I read it wasn't as big as the others on either side, but I assume still pretty nice.  It will be my DH and 15 yo, so we basically wanted two rooms.  My only question is if we'll be forgotten by YC staff being so far away.  I don't want to hijack, but my DH gets motion sick, I'm hoping it won't be too bad in the front like we are - anyone know?

12001 is the BEST. 12002 is not only smaller but has a connecting door to the cabin on the right (I think that is 12004) so you also lose a little bit of wall space that might cost you a piece of furniture.

You can youtube.com it.