Carnival WiFi

habsfan4ever

You can get by with just buying one.  You can only be logged in on one device at a time.  Wife got it on our last cruise.  Either one of us could log in on the laptop using the password.  When done, we'd log off.  Then she could use her cell phone by just logging in with the same password.  That worked for us.  As long as you all don't need to be on at the same time, only getting one works.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, RWolver672 said:

You can get by with just buying one.  You can only be logged in on one device at a time.  Wife got it on our last cruise.  Either one of us could log in on the laptop using the password.  When done, we'd log off.  Then she could use her cell phone by just logging in with the same password.  That worked for us.  As long as you all don't need to be on at the same time, only getting one works.

Yup, that works for us. And they even make it easy for you, the app tells you the other is logged in and asks if you wanna change devices.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, habsfan4ever said:

So my understanding is you pay per person, I assume device. Has anyone tried to hotspot off the one device with any success?

I'd never considered that option.  Maybe that's why Carnival makes their wi-fi so slow.... to keep people from doing that.  😁

It'll be interesting to know if that idea works or not.

On 2/25/2020 at 11:44 PM, habsfan4ever said:

So my understanding is you pay per person, I assume device. Has anyone tried to hotspot off the one device with any success?

Buy one plan, and when the second device attempts to log on it prompts to log off the other device.
 I'd be curious about the hotspot as well. I use DMR for ham radio and that would be really novel.