Radiance of the Seas - refurb?

Mel1707

Hi All

I've seen a few mentions online that the Radiance will be undergoing a refurbishment later this year ahead of commencing its sailings out of its new port in Brisbane, Australia.

Any ideas on what those refurbs might be? I'm looking to book a cruise out of Brisbane for March next year and I'm tossing between RCL Radiance of the Seas or Carnival Spirit. 

Honestly, Carnival doesn't really look like the kind of ship I'd go for (previous sailings have been MSC and Celebrity), but it looks like it is very family orientated and we'll be travelling with our two kids (1 and 3). I'm wondering though if the Radiance refurb might include some waterslides on the top deck etc (i.e the RCL "amplified" thing). Basically, I don't want to be on  a dumpy ship just because it has a good pool for the kids - I want to enjoy it too!!!

Any suggestions on how I can find out the scope of the refurb would be appreciated as would any comments in relation to choosing between Radiance and Spirit.

Thanks

Mel

Royal has been tight lipped.  All they've said is "multi-million dollar".  That could be millions spent on marine maintenance like rebuilding engines and propulsion or it could be new carpets and upholstery.  Money goes quick in a shipyard.  

Make no mistake, this will not be an "Amplification"  like Voyager and Freedom class are getting.  None of us know for sure but I'm not expecting new features like waterslides or a flowrider.  Having said that, my crystal ball is no better than yours.

Thanks all.

After some research, I see that Radiance does have a little kids water area up near the mini golf, with a couple of small water slides and a kids pool - I think that will suffice for a 1.5 and 3.5 year old. Overall, it seems that an RCL cruise on Radiance would be a bit "nicer" than carnival. 

I’d love to see them add a indoor/outdoor Playmakers at the back area opposite of Izumi. I love those wings.  But then again, when they start redesigning and adding new venues, they usually start designing in new staterooms too, so maybe it’s better off left alone.